Taormina, Savoca and Castelmola one day tour small group
Taormina, Savoca and Castelmola: visit the beauties of these three famous towns in Sicily, starting from “The Godfather” scenery!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- FREE Snack with typical Sicilian street food, water and Etna wine.
What's excluded :
- Touristic guide
- For the tour to Taormina Savoca Castelmola we offer free service of pick-up at your accommodation, in Catania or Syracuse with comfortable 8 seats vehicle.
First stop: Our first town of the one day tour will be Savoca, a characteristic medieval town. We will visit one of the fascinating catacombs of the Cappuccini Convent which hosts the mummified bodies of monks and nobles from Savoca.
The bar Vitelli is the highlight of the tour: become famous in the scenes of the film The Godfather, here you can taste a delicious Sicilian granita and look at the photos taken during the shooting of the film.
Second stop: Our second town will be the majestic Taormina. You can here visit the Greek Theatre (ticket is not included in the price), one of the major Ancient sites in Sicily, which offers a unique panoramic view of the sea and Mount Etna. Walking along Corso Umberto, you can visit the Cathedral and enjoy the stunning view of Capo Taormina bay.
Here in Taormina you will enjoy a free Sicilian snack: delicious tasting of products typical from Sicilian culinary tradition as the famous “tavola calda – hot table“. You will eat different arancini, pizza, calzoni, with Sicilian Doc wine.
Third stop: Next stop will be in Castelmola, a characteristic medieval suburb suspended between the sky and the sea. Castelmola is considered a big balcony on Taormina, also here you will enjoy a fantastic view of Etna on one side and the Ionian sea on the other. From the square Sant’Antonio begin our walk in the alleys. Around the small streets it’s possible to see small shops that sell souvenirs, laces and embroideries made by locals women. Finally the last stop in Castelmola is the visit of the “Bar Turrisi”, a very typical bar for a good coffee or a tasting of almond wine, typical Sicilian dessert wine.
Taormina Savoca Castelmola one day tour ends at around 6 pm.
Please Note that: our driver guide is not a touristic guide, so he cannot enter inside the historical places. He will give you information during the trip on the vehicle, before you will go inside. A paper guide will be provided to be used inside the archeological areas.
For the visit of Taormina, the driver/guide will leave you 1-2 hours of free time to enjoy the city, with a paper guide and a map.
Departure Point :Catania and nearby area Syracuse and nearby area
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.