Tamil Nadu, Tanjore - Alangudi Village Experience
Villages in India best reflect its lifestyle and culture and is the most entertaining means to experience the raw energy of this mystical land. The Alangudi Village at Tanjore opens its door to the travellers who wish to engage themselves in learning more about India’s rich culture and various traditions being followed for thousands of years. During this 5 hours’ guided exclusive village program you live like a local at Alangudi, one among the villagers themselves. It lets you have a one of a kind memorable experience which you do not get in any other tourist destinations in India.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Other Than Inclusion
- Meet Mr. Jagan, our expert local host who lives in Alangudi and knows his village like he knows himself. Start off with a leisurely stroll with him through Alangudi’s village pathways. Get a chance to interact with its local residents, visit the ancient village temples, get introduced to their local village gods, witness Coconut Palm leaf weaving, walk through verdant paddy fields and meet the farmers in action. You would come across many other rare scenes which would take you by surprise and make you fall in love with Alangudi. Once you finish your walking tour, visit a local family. You will have a traditional Aarthi welcome followed by an introduction of the family members.
Later get indulged in an exciting Cooking Demonstration session wherein you will learn different varieties of Tamil Nadu recipes. Cooking is real fun and when it is about learning something new, it is even more fun. The housewife, who will lead the cooking session will brief you about the various ingredients used in each dishes. If you wish, you can also offer your hand to help her cook your delicious South Indian meal. Next up when your meal is ready, dine along with the whole family and have your meal the South Indian style. Food will be served on a Banana leaf and it is recommended to keep your spoons or forks aside and eat with your hands. It is the traditional South Indian way of eating one’s meal.
Duration: 5 Hours
Timings: 9 am to 2 pm
Inclusions: Guide, Village Walk, Water, Cooking Demo, Lunch
Exclusions: Transport and other expenses not mentioned in the inclusions
Departure Point :Alangudi, Manangorai post,
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.