Take a tour on the Glass Bottom Boat to the Minokoshi-kaigan coast
Enjoy the underwater world aboard a glass-bottom boat, at the “Tatsukushi Marine Park”, designated as Japan’s first undersea marine park in 1970.
Take a stroll at the Minokoshi-kaigan coast also known as the “Art of the Kuroshio current” after observing the colorful underwater world of Japan’s largest colony of Shikorosango corals (Pavona decussata) and table corals.
Operation of the glass-bottom boat
◎Open all year round
Sailing times…… between 8:30 – 16:30 （December to February 8:30 – 16:00)
Once every 30minutes during this time. (Un-scheduled sailing)
Route…… Between “Tatsukushi – Minokoshi”
Outbound……Tatsukushi →Minokoshi (Visit the marine park) Approx. 20minutes
Return……Minokoshi →Tatsukushi (Direct) Approx. 10minutes
* Please contact us if your arrival at Tatsukushi will be in the late afternoon.
* Please note the tour is subject to change due to water and weather conditions
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Passage fare
What's excluded :
- Guide fees at “Minokoshi-kaigan” coast
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Minokoshikaigan, Tatsukushi, Tosashimizu 787-0452 Kochi Prefecture
It has taken 15million years of erosion from the waves, rain and the wind for the rock faces to look "beehive-like" at Minokoshi-kaigan coast. A round-trip takes about 60minutes.
Full lap course…… Full course from the Minokoshi port to the tip of Byobuiwa. Check it all out! (50-60minutes)
■Minokoshi-kaigan - Full stroll course (Please board the boat by 3pm)
Half-lap course……Turn around at ”Hachi-no-Su Castle” (Beehive castle), Byobu area. If you travel to this point you should have an appreciation of the “bee-hive structure” unique to the Minokoshi-kaigan. (30-40minutes)
About the guide
- The captain of the glass-bottom boat will engage with you in either Japanese or English (using a translation machine) depending on the passenger requirements.
*Please note, due to the safety priorities and depending on the conditions of the seas, the captain will not be able to guide at all times. We thank you for your understanding.
-At “Minokoshi-kaigan” coast we will distribute guide maps in Japanese, English or Chinese (Traditional Chinese characters)
*This is free-time and there are no guides.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Tatsukushi Kanko Kisen(Tatsukushi National Marine Park Glass-Bottomed Boat), 19-10 Tatsukushi, Tosashimizu, Kochi 787-0452, Japan
Departure Time :11/29/2020 - 2/28/2021
11/29/2021 - 2/28/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:30 AM - 04:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:30 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.