Take a Sunrise Tour of Grand Teton National Park
Named after a 12,000-year-old quarry used by ancient Native Americans to collect, trade, and fashion primitive tools and weapons out of volcanic glass (aka obsidian), and the first wayside exhibit in Yellowstone, Obsidian Cliff Tours welcomes adventurers, explorers, honeymooners, and bucket-listers of all ages to experience the 22-million-acre Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem with us.
Our customized road-based private tours are designed to help you see and experience the most iconic wildlife, wild places, and cultural attractions the region has to offer at a leisurely pace and in the comfort and safety of one of our air-conditioned SUVs or spacious vans.
Our fun, safe, and knowledgeable guides will help you discover places where humans share an untamed landscape with bears, bison, elk, and wolves; where boiling hot springs and cascading waterfalls amaze; where dude ranches were born; and where mountain men were made.
NOTE: This tour requires a minimum of two guests to operate.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Use of binoculars
- Cloth face masks, hand sanitizer, and sunscreen
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuity (15% recommended, though optional)
- National Park entry fee
Sunrise is one of the best times to see wildlife and photograph scenic vistas in the Tetons. We'll spend the morning quickstepping to find moose, bison, bears, and elk as they forage for breakfast, all while the rising sun washes the Tetons in early morning alpenglow.
First stop in the Park will be Mormon Row, a bucolic scene first settled by Mormon homesteaders in the late 1800s for its fertile soil, shelter from the winds, and close access to the Gros Ventre River. Next, we’ll drive down several primitive roads in search of moose, grizzly, and black bears.
We'll also make an unforgettable stop at Oxbow Bend, a slow-moving tributary of the Snake River to capture a few Instagram quality photos of Mt. Moran and its reflection in the lazy arm of the Snake River.
Next, we'll visit Coulter Bay Marina, the historic Jackson Lake, and Signal Mountain Lodges, in addition to taking a short drive to the summit of Signal Mountain to scope out the amazing view of the Snake River and Jackson Valley.
After a couple of quick visits to String Lake and Jenny Lake, you'll wonder where all the time has gone on this whirlwind (4.5 to 5 hour) tour of the Tetons.
• Grand Teton National Park, North Of Jackson Wyoming, WY
Departure Point :Grand Teton, Wyoming 83414, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at your hotel in the Town of Jackson, Teton Village, or a mutually agreeable location.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our policies concerning guest check-in procedures, avoiding crowds, social distancing, wearing face coverings when social distancing is not possible, and our gear and vehicle sanitizing reflect the best practices recommended by the WHO and the CDC for stopping the spread of infectious diseases.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.