Take a Private 2-Day Tour of Yellowstone National Park
This private tour gives you the opportunity to see the major wildlife, geothermal, and cultural sites of Yellowstone. Day one covers Yellowstone's Lower Loop and features several short hikes to the Mud Volcano, Haden Valley, the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, Obsidian Cliffs, and Mammoth Hot Springs. We will overnight at the historic Chico Hot Springs Resort located in Paradise Valley, Montana. Day two covers Yellowstone’s Upper Loop and includes visits to the Albright Visitor Center, Tower Falls, Lamar Valley, Grand Prismatic Hot Spring, the largest hot spring in the world, and an obligatory stop at the world-famous Old Faithful Geyser before returning to Jackson, Wyoming. Wildlife encountered may include black and grizzly bears, bison, bighorn sheep, eagles, osprey, wolves, pronghorn, and coyotes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Use of binoculars
- Cloth face masks, hand sanitizer, and sunscreen
- National Park entry fee
- Entry/Admission - Yellowstone National Park
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuity (15% recommended, though optional)
Day 1: Touring the Grand Loop (Part 1)
Stop At: Yellowstone National Park, WY
After departing Jackson we’ll drive north through Grand Teton National Park and the John D. Rockefeller Jr. Memorial Parkway while transiting to Yellowstone, making several stops along the way to take photos, admire wildlife, and take advantage of the Flagg Ranch restrooms. (Using bathrooms with running water is simply how we roll).
We’ll then enter Yellowstone through the South Entrance shortly before 9 AM. From there, we’ll continue driving north to West Thumb Geyser Basin then to the famous Lake Yellowstone Hotel for short coffee break. From the Hotel, we’ll continue traveling north to admire the Mud Volcano, Haden Valley, and the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, before taking a lunch break at Canyon Village Visitor Center.
Obsidian Cliffs | J Schmidt
Continuing west from Canyon, we’ll explore Norris Geyser Basin (one of the most extreme environments on the face of the Earth), Obsidian Cliffs (the first official wayside exhibit in Yellowstone), the Hoodoos, and Mammoth Geyser Basin.
After exploring Mammoth, we’ll then make our way to Chico Hot Springs Resort, a short 30-minute drive north of the Park, where you will have the chance to relax while eating dinner at a western-themed cowboy saloon. You’ll also enjoy two natural hot springs, a blazing campfire, and a dark starry sky. Wi-Fi is also available.
Duration: 12 hours
• Breakfast: Options include breakfast burritos, croissants, muffins, fruit, orange juice, tea, hot chocolate or coffee.
• Lunch: Choices include Caesar, chef, or garden salad, or a sandwich (vegetarian & gluten-free options available) made your way.
• Dinner: We'll enjoy some of Montana's best fine dining at Chico Hot Springs https://www.chicohotsprings.com/historic-dining-room
Accommodation included: Overnight at Chico Hot Springs Resort in Pray, Montana
Day 2: Touring the Grand Loop (Part 2)
Stop At: Yellowstone National Park, WY
After departing Chico Hot Springs Resort at 7 AM, we’ll enter the Park through the North Entrance at Gardiner, Montana and the famed Roosevelt Arch designed by Robert Reamer, the architect who designed Old Faithful Inn.
Driving south from the North Entrance, we will keep a keen eye out for bighorn sheep vaulting along the cliffs before making a short stop at the Albright Visitor Center. We will then continue driving east to explore Tower Falls, the Lamar Valley, often called the American Serengeti.
From Lamar Valley, we’ll continue south to Canyon Village, then to Madison Junction for a lunch break, before taking a short walkabout to explore Grand Excelsior Geyser Crater, Grand Prismatic Hot Spring, and eventually Old Faithful herself. (All geysers are addressed in the feminine tense).
The drive back to Jackson from Old Faithful is approximately 2.5-3 hours.
Duration: 12 hours
• Breakfast: At Chico Hot Springs Resort
• Lunch: At Canyon Village
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Yellowstone National Park, United States
Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel in Teton Village, the town of Jackson, or a mutually agreeable location. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour departure time, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our guides to reconfirm pick-up arrangements with you.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our policies concerning guest check-in procedures, avoiding crowds, social distancing, wearing face coverings when social distancing is not possible, and our gear and vehicle sanitizing reflect the best practices recommended by the WHO and the CDC for stopping the spread of infectious diseases.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.