Tainan Local Food Tour
Eat like a local and gain a deeper understanding of Taiwan's food culture as you explore the island's most traditional food mecca with your knowledgeable, local guide. On this food tour, your guide will take you to try Tainan's most famous and delicious eats while explaining the origins, traditions, and general obsession behind Taiwanese food. Watch how milkfish congee is prepared (and sample for yourself!), stroll down the alley of a traditional fruit and vegetable market, participate in a traditional tea ceremony, and satisfy your sweet tooth with local Taiwanese desserts!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Travel insurance
What's excluded :
- We will take the customers to find the best Taiwanese dishes. They will sample local street food at the Shueisian Temple traditional market, watch how Tainan's famous milkfish congee is prepared (and taste for yourself!), participate in an authentic Taiwanese tea ceremony and explore Taiwanese desserts on Guohua and Zhengxing food street.
• West Central District, West Central District, Tainan
• Milkfish congee
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Tainan city hotels. Exact pick-up time and tour guide’s contact number will advised two days before tour departure
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Exact pick-up time and tour guide’s contact number will advised two days before tour departure
- Tour requires a minimum of 4 guests. We will do our best to accommodate individual travelers by placing them on tours with other guests. In the event an individual traveler cannot be so accommodated, guests will be offered an alternative tour of equal value or full refund.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirement at the time of booking.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- There will be a 100% charge for no-shows that is defined as arriving 15 minutes late.
- Most travelers can participate
- In the event of inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, MyTaiwanTour reserves the right to alter tour itinerary.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.