Taganrog - the town by the sea
Taganrog is the second largest locality of Rostov Region. It is situated on the shore of the Sea of Azov in 70 km from Rostov-on-Don. Taganrog is the native place of the great writer Anton Chekhov. In this seaside town he spent his childhood and youth, which shaped him as a human being. In the town there are more than 20 monuments and remarkable places, connected with the writer’s name. The excursion route goes through the town center, which is now a historical and architectural reserve area, with the whole blocks of old merchant mansions remain standing. The most notable ones include the Chekhov Drama Theater with its hall which is the exact copy of the one of Milano’s La Scala and the Alferaki Palace, built upon the project of A. Stackenschneider, the author of the Mariinsky theatre in Saint Petersburg.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Taganrog, Taganrog, Rostov Oblast, Southern District
Taganrog was built by the orders of Peter the Great as a large Azov sea port. It is the cradle of the Russian Navy and one of the most important ports in the 19th century. Taganrog is the native place of the great writer Anton Chekhov. There are more than 20 monuments and remarkable places, connected with the writer’s name.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.