Tafi Atome Monkey Sanctuary Trail
Enjoy the Mona Monkeys in their natural habitat,Tropical Forest and close up view of Kente weaving
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Attraction fee
- Tour guide
What's excluded :
- Pickup and drop off fee
The Volta Region’s fantastic diversity is on full display on this tour through the Tafi villages between Hohoe and Ho. After a short ride to the monkey sanctuary at Tafi Atome, you’re in for a close encounter with the fully habituated Mona monkeys that live here. The cheeky monkeys are sure to come investigate what you’re doing there and you’ll be able to snap some memorable photos, but we ask that visitors refrain from feeding them bananas as some guides may encourage you to do.
From here, tranquil roads lead us to the nearby village of Tafi Abuipe, known throughout the region for their hand-woven Kente cloth. Kente, though most often associated with the Ashanti Region, has a centuries-long history among the Ewe people of Volta as well. We’ll visit the village workshops and learn from the weavers themselves about the different patterns they produce and what they mean, along with getting a lesson on one of their ingenious ancient looms.
Temperature: Chilly morning/Hot in the afternoon
• Tafi Atome Monkey Sanctuary And Cultural Village, Tafi Atome Ghana
Departure Point :Tafi Atome Wildlife Sanctuary, Tafi, Ghana
Traveler pickup is offered
The tour guide will be wearing a uniform with company's name (M&J Travel and Tours). The guide will also show his staff ID
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You need to be fit and generally be in good health
- Minimum age is 14 years
- No maximum age limit but the you must be strong and fit
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.