Table Mountain Summit Hike via Kasteelspoort in Cape Town
Kasteelspoort is a fantastic, moderately difficult hike, up Table Mountain to the summit with excellent opportunities for city views! Hiking with an experienced guide makes a significant difference where there is so much to interpret along the way in terms of the natural environment, history, culture, and personal mountain stories.
- Table Mountain Experts
- Local in-depth knowledge of the Fauna & Flora of Table Mountain
- Incredible Views of Camp's Bay and the 12 Apostles range
- Summit hike
- Quieter Trail away from the crowds
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional Guide
What's excluded :
- Snacks - Please bring a light snack for the hike (e.g. Trail Bar, Fruit, Nuts, etc.).
- Bottled water - Approximately 2 litres water per person.
The Table Mountain National Park falls within the "Cape Floral Region Protected Areas" UNESCO World Heritage Site and is now listed as one of the New7Wonders of Nature.
A brilliant summit hike starting on the Camp's Bay side of Table Mountain (12 Apostles) taking you to approximately 1067m ASL on the plateau at the Upper Cable Station, starting at around 190m ASL in Camp's Bay where we cover 8km of trail. We ascend Kasteelspoort which is a moderately difficult trail and once reaching the Back Table at 740m ASL we'll visit the cantilevering Diving Board rock outcrop before continuing upwards to the summit plateau. One would look at 5-6 hrs as a good estimate duration.
We spend the day hiking in the national park, aiming for the Back Table, all the while interpreting the diverse natural environment. The rich diversity of the Fynbos biome is where the emphasis will be on and at anytime of year we'll see beautiful floral species in bloom.
• Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
Departure Point :25 Theresa Ave, Bakoven, Cape Town, 8005, South Africa
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- On this PRIVATE excursion the focus is on getting into nature: fresh air, open spaces & low risk. As it's a private tour it will be interaction with a single guide through the day. Wearing of a mask such as a Buff is ideal when close up. There will be sanitizer available. Meet guide at trail head.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.