Table Mountain Private Half-Day Hike
Want a private experience away from groups of people? A challenging but definitely more scenic route to the summit of Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa. Scramble up rocky outcrops. Look back onto the white sands of Cape Town’s iconic beaches and the glimmering swells of Table Bay. Get a 360-degree view of surrounding Devil's Peak, Lions Head and Signal Hill above the city below. Enjoy some time and many photo opportunities on the summit of the 7th Natural Wonder of The World, before catching the cable car down. Enjoy this less touristy route!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- One Way Cable Car Fee
From the start of India Venster Trail on the right of the Cable Station, when looking at the mountain, you will meet your guide and have a short briefing
After this, you will begin your challenging but definitely one of the most panoramic hikes up Table Mountain. Take it at your own pace as this is a steep ascent with sharp drops in places. Not for the faint-hearted! There are challenging rock scrambles, thrilling chain ladders, heights, and all the stunning views you could want.
Take many stops to take photos, drink water, eat snacks and to learn about the fauna, flora, and history of the area with your passionate, knowledgeable and friendly guide.
Your guide will show you the secret places to take the best photos.
Once you get to the top of the trail your guide will show you around the tabletop summit stopping for fauna, flora, and panorama.
There are bathrooms and a cafe at the summit if you wish to refresh and refuel. After you have explored you may enjoy the cable car ride back down, weather permitting.
Enjoy this less touristy route!
• Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
Departure Point :5821 Tafelberg Rd, Table Mountain (Nature Reserve), Cape Town, South Africa
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Activity is weather dependent
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Dress code is sports/hiking gear, comfortable walking shoes and a warm top
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival
- Please bring a sufficient amount of water in your backpack
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.