Syracuse is definitely the most fascinating city in Sicily. It is notable for its rich Greek and Roman history, culture, amphitheatres, architecture, and as the birthplace of the preeminent mathematician and engineer Archimedes.
The islet of Ortygia, is the historic city centre of Syracuse ,which offers you the chance to admire the architectural beauties of different historical periods: from the first prehistoric settlements, through the numerous remains of ancient Greek Byzantine and Norman. Its history is perfectly represented by the spectacular cathedral of Maria Santissima located in Ortygia.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off from/to your accommodation in Catania city and surrounding area
- Multilingual guide
- Transfer service
What's excluded :
- Ticket Archaeological Park of Neapolis
- Pick-up/ Drop-off outside the pick-up area
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Archeologico della Neapolis, Via Paradiso 14, 96100, Syracuse, Sicily Italy
Exploring the Archaeological Park of Neapolis, a natural area rich in archaeological finds belonging to different periods of Syracuse's history, you will admire the Greek Theater, the Ear of Dionysius and the Roman Amphitheater.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Isola di Ortigia, Isola di Ortigia, Syracuse, Province of Syracuse, Sicily
The island of Ortigia, which since 2005 has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, will enchant you with its unique charm.
In Ortigia,the historic center of Syracuse, you will discover remains of ancient Greek temples, Maniace castle, baroque churches, noble palaces, the incredible cathedral that overlooks the main square and you will continue discovering the Ortigia city underground.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Catania, Province of Catania, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up will be at your accommodation in Catania city and surrounding area.Pick-up time is at 9 am, few minutes flexibility are asked in case of traffic jam.For a smooth service we recommend waiting in front of your accommodation at the agreed time. Airports
- Fontanarossa Airport, Catania, Sicily Italy
- Porto Catania, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.