Symi Island Day Trip from Rhodes Including Panormitis Bay
The boat departs from port Acandia approximately at 09:30.
The ship will arrive at Symi Island port after approximately 1+1/2 hour and remains there for 3+1/2 hours.
The guests will be having a guided tour along the narrow streets of the village Yalos and the opportunity to visit the local sponges and spices shops. Afterwards the guests can have lunch at traditional restaurants and can have free time to spend on their own, where they can explore the village and take some beautiful photos. Afterwards the ship will sail to the next stop, Panormitis Monastery. They will have about 45 minutes to visit the monastery and also the museum. At 18:00 ship will arrive at Rhodes port and from there coach will transfer the guests back to their accommodation.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Boat trip
- Professional Guide
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Yialos supermarket
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Panormitis Monastery, Greece
The holy Monastery of the Archangel Michael of Panormitis is situated on the southern tip of the island and it majestically stands in the middle of the bay of Panormitis.It is one of the largest shrines of Orthodoxy in the Dodecanese islands, well known all over Greece.
It dates back at least to the fifteenth century, while the current single space basilica with cross-chaped domes was built in the 1783. It is a large singlevaulted Basilica whose wooden icon screen is a real masterpiece. The wall paintings from the main church date from 1792. Also notable are the impressive bell tower, the carved screen, the icons (most of the in the Cretan Byzantine style), notice offering and the Panormitis icon. The full figure representation was covered entirely in gold and silver in 1724 at the expense of the captains, clergy and community of Symi.
The monastery complex has an Ecclesiastical Museum with rich collections of relics and a Folklore Museum. There is also a Library with post Byzantine manuscripts. It hasalso a hostel for visiting worshippers. The Monastery celebrates on the 8th of November and for Pentecoste.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mandraki Harbour, Platia Eleftherias, Rhodes Town Greece
Departs from Rhodes port approximately at 09:00 hrs.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Yialos supermarket, Ano Symi 856 00, Greece
The ship will arrive at Symi Island port and the guests will be having a guided tour along the narrow streets of the village Yalos and the opportunity to visit the local sponges and spices shops. Afterwards the guests can have lunch at traditional restaurants and can have free time to spend on their own, where they can explore the village and take some beautiful photos.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable shoes, hat, cameras for photos, enough money for food/ drinks and shopping.
- On Tuesdays the boat sails first to Symi and then to Panormitis
- On Saturdays the boat sails first to Panormitis and then to Symi
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.