Swim with Whale Sharks in Cancun
If you've never heard of a whale shark, this 6-hour, small-group tour will offer a thrilling, witness the longest fish in the world, who happens to also be completely harmless and curious. Whale sharks allow humans to observe and swim around them at a close distance. The tour begins with a morning pickup from your Cancun or Playa del Carmen hotel and a 50-minute boat ride out to the whale sharks' feeding grounds, where an expert guide enters the water with you. Enjoy snacks and on board and stopover on beautiful Isla Mujeres on your return. Round-trip transport from your Cancun or Playa del Carmen hotel, equipment, beverages and snacks, and snorkel equipment are all included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
We start our boat expedition traveling north for about 50 minutes to reach the feeding grounds. We´ll spend around 2.5 hours snorkeling and swimming with the whale sharks with a certified guide at all times. With a little luck, we´ll get to see some manta rays, too!
After this unique experience, we´ll provide sandwiches as we head back. We´ll stop at the north beach of Isla Mujeres for a delicious shrimp ceviche, guacamole and chips.
We will be back at Punta Sam around 1:00 pm.
• DC Explorer Isla Mujeres, Av. Matamoros #11 Col. Centro, Isla Mujeres 77440 Mexico
Departure Point :Marina Las Jaibas, López Portillo 84, 84, 77525 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Not recommended for participants with back problems or for pregnant women
- It is not permitted to touch the whale sharks, the coral or any other marine life
- Important recommendations and bring with you: towel, change of clothes, swimming suit, sun shirt, sunglasses, sandals, and biodegradable sunblock.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.