Swim and Chill at Benagil
This is not a boat trip. We at Vagabundo Travel are the only tour that gets you inside the Benagil cave. We get inside the cave by swimming 60m around the coastline with boards, life vests and inflatables. Boats will drive by, but a photo from the boat is only half an experience, we get you inside the cave and get sand on your toes. The swim into the cave does require a moderate level of swimming ability, we always have guides to help with the swim, but we can't swim for you. For an additional cost you can hire a SUP board or kayak to help you into the cave. The swim is dependent on weather conditions, however we will inform you prior to your selected date and make other arrangements if weather will effect our day.
per adult from
What's included :
- Life jackets, boards, inflatables
- Lunch - Deli lunch, vegan and vegetarian options, ham, chouricao, cream cheese, hummus, veggies, bread, condiments, chocolate and crisps
- Towels, beach games, shade, sunscreen, music
- Alcoholic Beverages - Portuguese beer and sangria
- Entry/Admission - Praia de Benagil
What's excluded :
- A boat, we swim into the cave!!!
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Praia de Benagil, Estrada de Benagil, Lagoa 8400-427 Portugal
Our tour will take you to the majestic Benagil cave. We drive from Lagos in our fun vans, listening to great music and enjoying beer and sangria for the 40 minute journey. Once at the beach we'll set up for the day and take off for our 60m swim to the Benagil cave. We provide life jackets, boards and inflatables to help with the swim. Afterwards we enjoy a lovely lunch (plenty of veggie options) and finish by viewing the cave from the clifftop above. Returning to Lagos in the party van around 6.30/7pm.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Jah Shaka Surf Shop, R. Cândido dos Reis 112, 8600-681 Lagos, Portugal
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.