Swakopmund Historical Local Guided Cultural Day Tour
Explorer Cultural Township Tours
Township Cultural Experience Tour in Mondesa ,Swakopmund
Explore different cultures and meet local people in the community of Mondesa, get to know Namibia better with your local Tour guide, get to know and learn about the different tribes in Namibia from Ovambo, Damara ,Herero and the Ovahimba people.
Nande Junias is a local Tour guide from Mondesa,he started his Township tour journey 15 years ago while still in school, He grew up in the Township of Mondesa, he will let you explore Namibian Cultures ,through his Guided Township Tour Experience, your local Tour guide will get you into the township.
‘Don’t forget your camera and sweets and any sort of stationaries for the kids’
Why you should do our Tour
25% of your payments benefit the community of Mondesa.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Food tasting
- Light refreshments
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Swakopmund Jetty, Swakopmund Namibia
During the colonial period Swakopmund was an important harbour even though the conditions were not suitable at all. Luderitz was too far south and Walvis Bay was occupied by the British.
Accordingly the germans were forced to use Swakopmund. Disembarkation of troops and settlers by surf boats was, however, a life threatening undertaking as the surf was very strong.
After the outbreak of the Herero rebellion in January 1904, it quickly became apparent that there was not enough anchoring space for the numerous ships supplying the civilian commodities and military logistics to the new German colony.
At some stages up to 25 ships anchored in the open sea at Swakopmund and it took weeks for them to be unloaded.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from your accommodadtion
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.