Suzhou Private Essence Tour of Rickshaw Ride and Grand Canal Ride
The Suzhou Essence Tour will take you to explore the tranquil beauty of Suzhou. Enjoy Lingering Garden, originally a classical private garden, it is one of the four most famous gardens in China. You can have a chance to take rickshaw ride in Suzhou becomes a key part of the urban landscape. Take a boat ride on Grand Canal to see wonderful example of a waterside town with whitewashed and black-tiled-roof houses and small bridges.
per adult from
What's included :
- Suzhou Downtown Hotel or train station pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned private vehicle
- English and Chinese speaking tour guide
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees if you book the private tour options
- Lunch if you book the all inclusive tour option
- Private Boat ride & Private rickshaw ride if you book the private tour option
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Lingering Garden, NO. 338 Liuyuan Road, Jinchang Dist, Suzhou 215008 China
Pick you up at your hotel lobby in Suzhou where you live or Suzhou train station.
Firstly, you will visit Lingering Garden, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the city's finest classic gardens. Wander through the trails and portals of this delicately-planned garden that carefully combines traditional Chinese architecture with natural beauty.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Suzhou Ancient Grand Canal, Guyunhe Travel Terminal, Side of Xinshi Bridge , Jinchang District, Suzhou 215004 China
Next head to Grand Canal (Including Private Boat Ride) (also known as the Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal), a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the longest canal or artificial river in the world and a famous tourist destination. It is the oldest and longest artificial waterway in the world. The Grand Canal in Suzhou, with wide surface, abundant and crystal clear water, has been the best part of the Grand Canal for shipping. The old canal is about 35km long from Hushu Pass to Wujiang City, running through the centre of town and there is a network of smaller canals and passageways. It is a wonderful example of a waterside town with whitewashed and black-tiled-roof houses and small bridges.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pingjiang Road, Pingjiang District, Suzhou China
After lunch, take Rickshaw ride in Suzhou city. It likes the rickshaw in Beijing, you will see the small Hutongs, the open markets and the local people's life more clearly. And the professional rickshaw pullers are often familiar with Suzhou’s history, culture and folk customs, from whom you will gain a more understanding of traditions and cultures of this famous garden city.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Shantang Street, Jinchang District, Suzhou 215008 China
Later move on to Shantang Street, which was one of the streets which trade and culture were most highly developed in Ming and Qing dynasties, regarded as “the No.1 Ancient Street in China”. There is a folk song, singing “There is a paradise in heaven, but there are Suzhou and Hangzhou on the earth. Hangzhou has the West Lake while Suzhou has Shantang. Both are good places with boundless sceneries”, which is the vivid image of Shantang.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Suzhou No.1 Silk Mill, No.94 Nanmen Road, Canglang District, Suzhou 215007 China
Then visit the Suzhou No. 1 Silk Mill. Suzhou has a long and rich history of silk culture, including mulberry tree and silk worm cultivation and turning raw silk into beautiful fabric. The Suzhou No. 1 Silk Mill more like a museum which shows you how the silk is made from cocoons from the beginning and the whole silk process. Not to be missed
You will be taken back to the Suzhou train station or your hotel lobby and your tour ends.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
1). Pick up service can be arranged at your Suzhou downtown hotel or Suzhou train station. 2). Note: If you come from Shanghai, recommended timing: Arrival: around 9:30am, Departure: around 18:00pm. Suzhou train station is better, closer to Suzhou city center. FREE CHARGE of train station pick up & drop off service.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please provide round-trip train itinerary in "special requirement" block if pickup from Suzhou Train Station is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.