Suzhou Private Day Tour: Classical Gardens
1）Explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Humber Administrator's Garden;
2）Stroll at the Lingering Garden, see lotus ponds and bamboo groves in Summer;
3）Walk through Shantang Street, an ancient riverside pedestrian road to discover the local business and staged folk activities;
4）Visit the only existing water and land gate in China: Panmen Gate
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking tour guide service fee
- Air-conditioned vehicle with a private driver
- All entrance tickets to the sights listed above
- Entry/Admission - Humble Administrator's Garden
- Entry/Admission - The Lingering Garden
- Entry/Admission - Panmen Gate
What's excluded :
- Gratuity to the guide and driver
- Personal costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Humble Administrator's Garden, No.178 Northeast Road, Pingjiang District, Suzhou 215001 China
Humble Administrator's Garden was built in Ming Dynasty (early 16th century), dating back more than 500 years of history, is the representative works of classical gardens south of the Yangtze River. You will see hill house, wave corridor, kinds of bridges and pavilions in the garden.
The best time to visit is in the Spring and Summer, when the garden becomes the site of several floral exhibitions. The Humble Administrator's Garden holds a grand “Azalea Festival” every spring, There are hundreds of rare azaleas on display during these period (From mid-March to early May every year), colorful and enchanting everywhere. Lotus Flower Festival from early June to mid - October, during the festival, the Humble Administrator's Garden becomes the best place for tourists to admire the lotus with the shade on the river bank and bursts of cool breezes. if you miss the Azalea or Lotus, you may have a chance to see chrysanthemum show in Autumn, from early September to mid October.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Shantang Street, Jinchang District, Suzhou 215008 China
Afterwards, explore Shantang Street, also well known as Seven mile Shantang, it is an ancient riverside pedestrian road that is very popular with tourists. This old street sector is only about 360 meters long, but it has the reputation of “miniature of the old Suzhou” and the “window of Jiangsu culture”. It was a commodities center, where merchants conducted business and community staged folk activities.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Lingering Garden, NO. 338 Liuyuan Road, Jinchang Dist, Suzhou 215008 China
After lunch, we are continuing to visit Lingering Garden.
As one of the four most famous classic gardens in China, Lingering Garden is worth to visit, you can see the fascinating scene from every single angle of the garden.
Lingering Garden was first built in 1593 during in Ming Dynasty and it was a private residence of Xu Taishi, a bureaucrat of the Ming court. But now was built in the Qing Dynasty style, with a history of more than 400 years, the Lingering Garden has changed hands several times, each owner did his best to perfect it. It is known for exquisite architectural art. It boasts its fine gardening, luxurious and spacious hall, and collection of stones from Taihu Lake. The garden can generally be divided into four parts: the central, eastern, western and northern parts according to the style of the buildings.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Panmen Gate, No.1 East Street, Canglang District, Suzhou 215002 China
The last destination to see Panmen Gate that the oldest city gate of Suzhou and the only existing water and land gate in China. The gate is located on the south-west corner of the Main Canal Suzhou. Originally built during the Warring States Period in the state of Wu, historians estimate it to be around 2,500 years old.
At the end of the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.