Suzhou Highlight Half-Day Tour
In this very short half-day Suzhou highlight tour, you will visit the main attractions of Suzhou including Humble Administration Garden, Tiger Hill, and a Silk Factory.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Entry/Admission - Tiger Hill
- Entry/Admission - Humble Administrator's Garden
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- In the morning, you will be picked up from the lobby of your centrally located Suzhou hotel or Suzhou railway station, and visit Humble Administration Garden which was originally built in 1509 during Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). It was initially a private garden of a former government official named Wang Xianchen. He intended to build a garden after retirement, which was said to be the life of a humble man, hence is the name of the garden. The garden was created upon the old site of a resident and a temple. Water is featured throughout the garden along with natural landscapes of small forests, hills and rock formations. It also has man-made pavilions, halls and parlors. Unlike the Grand View Garden and other famous gardens in Beijing, it is representative of the Ming Dynasty style.
Next, you will be transferred to visit Tiger Hill. Tiger Hill is a hill in Suzhou, China. It is a popular tourist destination and is known for its natural beauty as well as historical sites. The hill is so named because it is said to look like a crouching tiger. Another legend states that a white tiger appeared on the hill to guard it following the burial of King Helü. The hill is sometimes referred in parallel with "Lion Mountain," another hill near Suzhou which clearly resembles a sitting lion. The hill has been a tourist destination for hundreds, if not thousands, of years, as is evident from the poetry and calligraphy carved into rocks on the hill.
You will also visit Tiger Hill Pagoda which stands on top of the hill where Yunyan Temple is. As the oldest pagoda in the vicinity of Suzhou, it has come to be a symbol of the city and has the distinction of being China's Leaning Tower. Built during Northern Song Dynasty (959-961), it is a seven-story octahedron after the style of the timber pagodas built during early Tang period. After Tiger Hill, you will continue to visit a Silk Factory.
Suzhou’s silk gained a worldwide reputation from as early as Tang and Song dynasties (618-1279). Suzhou is surrounded by mulberry fields and abounds in natural gifts, abundant sunshine, plentiful rainfall and rich soils, which offer a pleasant environment for rich cocoons and high qualities of silk. It has been the main producing area and the center of collecting and distribution hub of raw silk materials in China. You will have lunch at a local restaurant and then taken back to your hotel or Suzhou railway station.
Departure Point :Your centrally located downtown Suzhou hotel or downtown Suzhou railway station
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Your centrally located downtown Suzhou hotel or downtown Suzhou railway station
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 Adult people per booking is required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.