Sustainable Laguna Beach Sightseeing & Discovery Tour with a Local
Sustainability is the name of the game on this fun, informative tour of Laguna Beach. In addition to exploring the area with a local, you’ll get to see first hand the efforts being made to preserve the natural environment, from beach clean-ups to marine mammal rehabilitation. Sip an organic coffee along the way and take advantage of some envy-inducing photo opportunities at some of Laguna Beach’s top sights.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local, English-speaking guide
- An organic coffee at Urth Café
- Return bus ticket into Laguna Canyon
- Entrance to Pacific Marine Mammal Center
- Entry/Admission - Heisler Park
- Entry/Admission - Urth Caffé Laguna Beach
- Entry/Admission - Pacific Marine Mammal Center
- Entry/Admission - Laguna Coast Wilderness Park
- Entry/Admission - Active Culture
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Heisler Park, 375 Cliff Dr, Laguna Beach, CA 92651-1623
We will meet at the Laguna Beach Lifeguard Tower, the most photographed lifeguard post in the US! From there we’ll start our tour with a stroll along the beach cliffs overlooking the Pacific and learn more about how Laguna Beach fights against the ocean plastic epidemic with community beach clean-ups.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Urth Caffé Laguna Beach, 308 N Pacific Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, USA
Next it’s time for a cup of organic coffee at Urth Caffé. In support of passionate, sustainable, organic coffee farmers, Urth Caffè has sought to bring the greatest coffee to its customers; coffee that is not only superb, but also healthier for the people who grow it, who drink it, and for the world.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Pacific Marine Mammal Center, 20612 Laguna Canyon Rd, Laguna Beach, CA 92651-1137
After a coffee we’ll make our way to the Laguna Beach bus station for a ride into the Laguna Canyon, part of Laguna Coast Wilderness Park, to visit the Pacific Marine Mammal Center (PMMC). The PMMC rescues, rehabilitates, and releases marine mammals. The center is a non-profit organization and the first marine mammal rehabilitation facility in California. We will be met by a volunteer who will show us some of the patients currently recovering at PMMC and explain how the center operates. By joining this tour, your donation goes directly towards fresh and healthy food and medication to help rehabilitate these stranded mammals.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Laguna Coast Wilderness Park, 18751 Laguna Canyon Rd, Laguna Beach, CA 92651-0300
After visiting the centre, we’ll go for a brief, scenic walk into the Laguna Canyon, part of the Laguna Coast Wilderness Park. The park lies within some of the last remaining coastal canyons in Southern California. The park is part of the Natural Community Conservation Planning Program, which is designed to protect rare and endangered species by preserving large tracts of Orange County’s rapidly disappearing coastal sage scrub plant community.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Active Culture, 1006 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, USA
Next, we’ll take the bus back to downtown Laguna Beach to walk to our final destination: Active Culture Cafe. Along the way you’ll learn more about the vibrant street art of Laguna. At Active Culture Cafe you can enjoy amazing frozen yogurt, acai bowls, or vegan or vegetarian lunch options. The cafe operates as eco-friendly as possible and promotes sustainable food culture. From here, you’re free to head back to your accommodation, or ask your guide for suggestions for what else to see and do in vibrant Laguna Beach
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :105 N Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :298 Anita St, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures have received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.