Susimaa is the only wolfdog farm in the North that is open to public and that has it’s reasons. You can’t just put wolf dogs in enclosures & think you can bring visitors to them and they accept it. They have actual wolf inside and are not only look-alikes and thus they act like wolves, some more some less, which means they don’t trust you, you are the intruder. So it is something special, that you can go visit them inside their enclosures with us & get to see them face-to-face, get in real touch with them.
All that is result of a great deal of work and building up a relationship so strong, that they not only trust us, but also that they trust us that much, that you can come inside with us and get in touch with them.
While a visit you will be able to see, that what we offer is NOT business, it IS our life & you get to experience it in in small, individual groups. We believe in being different and selling different and unique adventures, we believe in small scale eco-friendly tourism.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Lunch - You grill sausages over the bonfire.
What's excluded :
For Individualists, who not only want to get to know wolfdogs a little, but also those who are photo enthusiasts and want to capture beautiful moments with these beautiful creatures. If you are not an outdoor enthusiast, but still want to spent some time with the wolfdogs, see their interactions and how they play, this is the unique opportunity for you to join the wolfdogs inside their enclosures. Only for those, who are not afraid of nature and animals.
First you'll get a tour on our farm, where you'll make first contact with the wolfdogs and dogs through the fence, learn their names and hear some stories. After that we'll have a coffee/tea break and prepare to go inside the fences, where you'll spend up to 2 hours to exclusively take good photos of the wolfdogs.
After this, your photographic adventure will be reflected while grilling sausages and drinking coffee/tee at the bonfire and watching happy, sleepy wolfdogs.
Departure Point :Simonkankaantie 39, 97700 Ranua, Finland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.