Surf Lesson w/ NGO Kids add-on
Get immersed in this experience hosted by a local changemaker! Enter the inspiring world underneath Cape Town's touristy surface.
A Side by Side experience is the perfect, hands-on way to escape the tourist trap, live like a local, and make an impact. A percentage of every booking goes directly back to the changemakers we've partnered with in the form of year-end gifts: equipment, bursaries, and cash grants.
To ensure your changemaker-hosted experience runs smoothly and guests' every last need is met, an SbS guide will be by your side throughout, from pick-up to drop-off (if you add the Hotel Pickup add-on). Your guide will provide you all the background info you need to know and settle the entrance fees on your behalf.
Optionally add the Photoshoot add-on for HD pics/vids of you in action sent by Google Drive same day.
Learn, laugh, imagine, bond, and come away a changed person after sharing this experience with some seriously inspiring locals.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 10% Charitable Pledge
- Admission to Changemaker-hosted Experience
- Tour Guide (experience assistant)
What's excluded :
- Add-Ons — excl. in "Bare-bones" option; incl. in options w/ Hotel Pickup, Meal, Photoshoot, etc.
- Bottled water - Available for cash purchase from your guide
The lead Zumba entrepreneur has a one-of-a-kind flare and personality that makes you come alive. On a water break, he will share his inspiring story of how dance and exercise got him out of a life as a gangster.
On the drive to Langa (if 'Hotel Pickup add-on' added), your guide will give you some key information about where you're headed, who the community partners are, what you'll experience, and general best practices to bear in mind.
Upon arrival, you'll be greeted by the community partners and your guide will help break the ice a bit before jumping into the African Zumba & Stories experience.
Try your hand (and foot) at some of the local styles: African Dance, Afro-Fusion, Kasi Jive, Pantsula, Kwela, Traditional Xhosa & Traditional Tswana.
The time together is always dynamic and responsive to guest preferences, but generally it's evenly split 3 ways: (A) Zumba dancing, (B) Storytelling & advocacy, (C) Grace time & natural interaction.
Dance not your thing? Jam out on our djembe drums!
N.B. NOTE: Kids from a community-based after-school program will only be present if you book an option that includes the 'Kids add-on'.
• Guga s'Thebe, Cnr Waslhington & Church Street, Langa de Duero Spain
Departure Point :Guga S'thebe, Washington St, Langa, Cape Town, 7455, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
If you'd added the Hotel Pickup option, but you're wanting to be collected from a location other than a hotel, please ensure the location you're waiting at has convenient and easy parking space or drop-and-go space.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.