Surf HNL: Ala Moana Stand-up Paddleboard Lesson with Round-trip Transport
For good fun and a great workout, take a stand-up paddleboard lesson on your Oahu vacation. At a beach near Waikiki, your instructor shows you proper paddling technique and how to maneuver your board in the bath-temperature water. Choose from a small-group lesson limited to four students or private instruction. Both options give you a personalized experience with your expert guide, making it easy to understand why this water sport is so popular.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Stand-Up Paddle Board (rentals)
- Wet suit and life jacket available
- Round trip Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Experienced lifeguard, CPR certified instructors
- 1-hour paddleboard lesson with qualified instructor
- Surf Gear such as reef shoes, paddleboards, leash, rash guards
What's excluded :
- Transportation for non-participating passengers (extra charge)
- Food and drinks
- Towels, swimsuits, and sunblock
- After pickup from your Waikiki hotel, head to nearby Ala Moana Beach located just minutes away. Meet your stand-up paddleboard (SUP) instructor to select your paddleboard and other necessary gear for your 1- or 2-hour lesson.
Equipment in hand, get a brief introduction to stand-up paddleboarding before heading to one of the best spots on the beach to start to SUP. Learn how to hold your paddle correctly, steer and stay upright when on the water. Your instructor gives tips on reading the current and making turns.
Once you're ready, try out your new skills in the water. Get the feel of the SUP as you paddle around flat water, then, if you want more excitement, try to ride the waves. Your paddleboard is attached to your ankle by a leash so that you can easily recover if you fall in the water. Don't be too afraid of getting wet: it's part of the fun.
You have the choice of a morning or afternoon time slot for your small-group or private lesson. Either way, you may find yourself hooked on this popular water sport, and Hawaii is the perfect place to put your new skills to use.
Departure Point :Waikiki Hotels
Return Detail :Ala Moana Beach Park
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.