Super Saver: Auschwitz-Birkenau and Wieliczka Salt Mine in two days
This Krakow Super Saver combines two tours over two days at a discounted price. On the first day explore Auschwitz-Birkenau, the former Nazi concentration camp complex, where you’ll see some of the prison barracks and learn about the prisoners in poignant exhibitions. Then the next day, head underground at the Wieliczka Salt Mine and marvel at the salt formations, including the stunning Chapel of St. Kinga. It’s the perfect way to discover two of Poland’s UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Please note that depending on the availability of the tours, the order might change.
per adult from
1 day 6 hours
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional local guide
- Entry/Admission - Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Entry/Admission - Wieliczka Salt Mine
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Overnight accommodation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Discover Cracow Tours, Krakow 31-011 Poland
Gain a deeper understanding of two of Krakow's UNESCO-listed sites over two days with this Super Saver.
Check out the Itinerary for complete descriptions of each tour.
Please make sure to contact the supplier at least 72 hours before the tours to confirm your pick up time from our Discover Cracow Tourist Information Point.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau, ul. Wiezniow Oswiecimia 20 Entrance to the Museum is located at Stanisławy Leszczyńskiej Str. no. 11, Oswiecim 32-603 Poland
Auschwitz-Birkenau Half-Day Trip from Krakow (7 hours)
After pickup from the central meeting point or your hotel, start the 1.5-hour drive by minivan to Auschwitz-Birkenau, located outside the town of Oswiecim. During the ride, watch a documentary film about the former Nazi concentration camp. When you arrive, meet your tour guide at the visitor center, and then proceed into the barbed-wire encampment through the gate that still reads “Arbeit macht frei" (Work sets you free).
Established in 1940, the Auschwitz complex saw the deaths of more than a million people, most of whom were European Jews. The complex, today a UNESCO World Heritage-listed museum, comprises the Auschwitz I camp and the Birkenau (or Auschwitz II) camp with a total of about 150 buildings and 300 ruins. Auschwitz was only partially destroyed by fleeing Nazis when the camp was liberated, so you are able to see many of the original brick buildings as you walk around. Explore the exhibitions, housed in some of the prison blocks, some of which are dedicated to victims from particular countries.
You’ll also see Birkenau, once home to 300 prison barracks and four large gas chambers. Most of this camp was destroyed, but you will get an idea of the vast size of the area, fenced off with watchtowers, and you can enter some of the surviving barracks.
When your Auschwitz-Birkenau tour ends, you'll be driven back to the original meeting point.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Oswiecim, Poland
First Camp you will visit during Auschwitz-Birkenau Tour.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: 32-600 Brzezinka, Poland
Second part of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Tour. Birkenau.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Wieliczka Salt Mine, Jana Mikolaja Danilowicza 10, Wieliczka 32-020 Poland
Wieliczka Salt Mine Half-Day Trip (4 hours)
Your tour begins with meet-up at the central meeting point followed by a 30-minute drive to the Wieliczka Salt Mine, southeast of the city. The 700-year-old mine and UNESCO World Heritage Site houses nearly 200 miles (300 km) of eerie tunnels, all carved by hand from salt blocks, and you’ll see the section that’s open to the public.
With your guide, visit the three upper levels of the mine, at depths of 209 to 443 feet (64 to 135 meters). Begin with a descent down the stairs to the first level, where you’ll be led through chambers and shown underground lakes, shrines and salt monuments. Admire the showstopper – the Chapel of St. Kinga – and marvel at how every one of its features, from chandeliers to the altar, is made of salt! Hear from your guide about the chapel’s history and how it took more than 30 years for two men to complete the wonder, which required more than 200,000 tons of rock salt.
Then head to the Eram Baracz Chamber to see another mine highlight, the salt lake whose water contains 11 ounces (320 grams) of salt per liter. You’ll also see a collection of mining equipment, some of which dates back to the Middle Ages. By the time your tour ends, you’ll be 443 feet below ground!
Take an elevator back up, and then head back to Krakow by minivan.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Straszewskiego 14, 33-332 Kraków, Poland
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/3/2020 - 11/9/2020
11/30/2020 - 11/28/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 12:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 03:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The salt mine stays at a temperature of approximately 57 degrees F (14 C); please wear warm clothes and comfortable shoes
- Please note that the tour is offered in English
- Be aware that in the Salt Mine there are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start
- Please note, that the maximum size of backpacks or handbags brought into the Auschwitz Museum & Memorial can not exceed dimensions: 30x20x10 cm
- Overnight accommodation is not included (you return to meeting point after Day 1 tour and continue with the second part of your tour on Day 2; you must have your own accommodation)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.