Sunset and Batcaves
This tuk-tuk tour takes you from the centre of Battambang town to the base of Sampov Mountain, in time for you to catch the sunset and take in spectacular views of Battambang. Sampov Mountain is a truly special and spectacular place for locals and visitors alike; bask in the tranquility and the cool mountain breeze of beautiful Sampov.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Drinking water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip transportation
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Meals and soft drinks
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Temple pass
- Tour Itinerary
Stop 1: Hike Sampov Mountain
Your tuk-tuk driver will take you to the base of Sampov Mountain. From here, your guides will lead you on a hike up the mountain. As you ascend, you will be able to take in incredible views of the lush green forest, rice fields, and the twinkling lights of the distant Battambang town—this is truly a sight to behold!
Stop 2: The Temple Wall
As we ascend, we will reach an ancient Buddhist temple with walls decorated in traditional Eastern art. Your guides will explain the many stories and traditions associated with these decorated walls and its connection to Buddhism in Cambodia.
Stop 3: Killing Caves
As light gradually fades, we will head to the Killing Caves. There, we will meet a local resident who will give us an overview of the caves and explain its significance during the Khmer Rouge period. Walk through the caves and learn more about the atrocities committed during this difficult period of Cambodia’s history, but look out too for the fissures that allow light in—a symbolic reminder that hope and reconciliation will always prevail.
Stop 4: The Sublime Lookout
As we exit the caves, we will be treated to one of the best lookouts of the tour. Immerse yourself in this sublime scenery, and take in the deep orange hues falling below the horizon. You can take a short breather here as your guides tell you local stories of Sampov Mountain, a site often used for Buddhist meditation.
Stop 5: Monkey Business!
As we approach the top of Sampov Mountain, we will likely spot small groups of monkeys scampering around the nearby trees. These monkeys are very used to having visitors and are highly entertaining. Be sure to capture pictures of them!
Stop 6: The Bat Caves
We will now start our descent down the mountain, just in time to catch the bats! As darkness falls, we will begin to see thousands of nocturnal bats taking flight from the surrounding caves in a massive formation of dark, black clouds. Be sure to photograph this amazing and staggering sight!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up you from your hotel at 2:00 pm.
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Local souvenirs are sold as tourist price, but feel free to bargain them for lower price
- 5/10 physicality needed
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Tour starts from two people
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.