Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Ride in Luxor and West Bank Private Tour
Hop on a marvelous hot air balloon trip and enjoy the highlights of the west bank in the open museum and experience a whole new side of Egypt. Sailing over Luxor in a hot air balloon lets you see the full scope of the archaeological site, a perspective that’s impossible to get from the ground. Join this amazing tour and discover the best part of Egypt by foot and air. Fly high over Luxor propelled by the breeze during a hot air balloon flight across the Valley of the Kings and Valley of the Queens. Explore the ruins on foot with an English-speaking guide to help bring history to life. Visit the Highlights of Thebes on the West bank of Luxor to see the ancient tombs of the pharaohs from the New Kingdom at the Valley of the Kings and the Mortuary Temple of Queen Hatshepsut at El Deir El Bahari and take memorial photos in front of the Colossi of Memnon. This tour departs every morning for an unforgettable ride over one of the world’s largest open-air museums.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 35-45 minutes Hot Air Balloon Ride over Luxor sky and a flight certificate.
- All transfers, pickup and drop off service from hotel or Nile cruise in Luxor by an A/C. vehicle.
- Motorboat to transfer to the west bank and snacks before the flight..
- Private tour to the Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut temple and Colossi of Memnon
- bottle of water during the tour.
- English speaking guide and pilot.
What's excluded :
- Any other options if required.
- Entrance fees to the mentioned sightseeing.
- Tipping to the guide and driver.
- Entry/Admission - Valley of the Kings
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el Bahari
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Luxor, Luxor, Nile River Valley
Following an early morning pick-up (around 4:30 am) from your hotel or Nile Cruise in Luxor, drive-by an air-conditioned car towards the River Nile to cross to the West Bank on a motorboat followed by another vehicle transfer to the hot air balloon launch site. First off, you’ll receive instructions and safety information regarding the flight, and then board the shared balloon basket to begin this unique experience and see the ruins of Luxor from a great height.
Take 30 to 45 minutes Hot Air Balloon flight over the west bank of Luxor and enjoy an aerial view of the country's landscape and famous landmarks such as; the Ramessum temple, the Valley of the Kings, Valley of the Queens, Hatshepsut Temple and the view of the Colossi of Memnon rising from the nearby fields. Be sure to capture the best moments of the sunrise over the Theban Necropolis mountains.
Stop At: Valley of the Kings, Luxor City, Luxor 85511 Egypt
Float back down to earth and you will receive a flight certificate and a small gift. Then, your guide will pick you up and take you on a private tour to the West bank to explore ancient Thebes on foot. Visit the Valley of the Kings, and admire the grandeur of the architecture, primarily used for the burial of pharaohs. Here you will also have the option to explore the tomb of King Tutankhamun.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el Bahari, Kings Valley Rd Deir el-Bahari, Luxor 23512 Egypt
Continue to the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, built by the daughter of Thutmose I. Queen Hatshepsut was the only pharaonic woman to reign in Ancient Egypt, and her rule lasted about 20 years during the 18th Dynasty (1490-1469 BC).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Colossi of Memnon, Thebes, Luxor Egypt
Next, make your way to the Mortuary Temple of Amenhotep III and marvel at the gates Colossi of Memnon. Finally, enjoy a delicious lunch from a local restaurant before being transferred back to your accommodation.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels, Nile cruises or rental apartments in Luxor
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Camera is not allowed while in the balloon basket, you can only use your cellphone to take pictures.
- Departure time may vary depending on sunrise time.
- The Balloon Ride trip departs every day, however, confirmation in advance is highly recommended.
- The children under 6 years are not allowed to fly, they can be waiting for you in the ground support van and crew following your balloon.
- The hotel picks up takes place 45 minutes before the take-off scheduled time.
- If the Hot Air Balloon cancelled due to bad weather, you will be refunded with 30$ per person.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.