Sunrise boat ride
Rowing boat rides during the dawn is perhaps one of the best things to do in Varanasi. The ride along Ganges River offers the quintessential Varanasi experience. It takes one through different Ghats and former palaces situated close to the banks of Ganges, giving a panoramic view of this River and the region.
Later after this walk into old lanes of Varanasi exploring Norther Bazzars of the city and famous food street of Varanasi.
• Guided sunrise boat ride with a private boat
• Witness daily Hindu rituals
• See cremation and understand the logic behind burning of dead bodies
• Walk into thousands years old streets of Varanasi
• Explore famous food street of Varanasi also known as Kachauri
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Medium air conditioned car for hotel pick-up and drop off
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Professional art historian guide [Govt Approved]
- Entry/Admission - Ganges River
- Entry/Admission - Banaras Ghats
What's excluded :
- Gratuities [Optional]
- Any Meals
- Everything which is not mentioned into the itinerary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ganges River, Varanasi India
You will be picked -up from your Hotel at 05:00 AM and drive towards river bank of Ganges.
As you undertake the sunrise boat ride on the holy river Ganga, immerse yourself in the sacred atmosphere and visit the 5000 year old Adi Keshav Ghat as well.
The guided boat ride followed by walk into old lanes would take around 2-3 hours and can be undertaken in the morning. The start time varies according to the prevalent weather and time of sunrise. During summers it starts around 5 am and in winters it is 6 am in the mornings. Similarly the evening tour commences at 5:30 pm in summers and 4 pm in winters.
The ride begins from Dashwasamedh Ghat and takes you along the stretch of the river where the ghats are located right up to the Manikarnika Ghat [Cremation Ground]. Apart from getting an opportunity to see the various ghats as you pass by, you would also get to alight the boat at a few places and visit some temples, palaces, mosques depending on your interest. This long ride which starts at the southern end of the ghats and reaches the northern most part of the city is an apt way to view Varanasi from the surface of River Ganga, as you leisurely soak in the sacred ambience.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Banaras Ghats, Varanasi 221002 India
Exploring the Ghats is one of the best things to do in Varanasi. The city has almost a hundred Ghats, the steps of each leading the banks of River Ganges. These are bathing Ghats, praying Ghats and cremation sites for Hindus from all over the world. It makes them alluring and enthralling for a traveller as it is associated with some legend or mythologies.
The privately owned ones here are known for morning boat rides which provide impeccable, panoramic views of the place. Some of the major Ghats that one can visit during their trip to Varanasi includes the Mata Anandamai Ghat, Assi Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Munshi Ghat, Raj Ghat, Dashashwamedh Ghat, Scindia Ghat and Raj Ghat.
Of these, Dashashwamedh Ghat is perhaps the most popular. It is located close to Vishwanath Temple and therefore, its spectacular appearance makes it an enchanting place to visit in Varanasi. The Ghat is associated with two Hindu mythologies.
One of these suggests that this where Lord Brahma welcomed Lord Shiva. The other states the place where Lord Brahma sacrificed ten horses during a Yajna. Every day, saints here perform Worship to Fire or Agni Pooja, which is a charismatic and spectacular event to watch.
Apart from this, Lalita Ghat is a destination worth visiting. Built by King of Nepal, it is the site of Keshav Temple and a number of local festivals are organized at this place. For cremating electrically, a crematorium has been set in Harishchandra Ghat.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We shall pick you up from your Hotel at scheduled time [05:00 AM].
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Don't wear high heels shoes during boat ride and walking tour
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.