Summit the mountain of Tomorr Berat
In Albanian folklore, Mount Tomorr is anthropomorphized and associated with the legendary figure of Baba Tomor, envisioned as an old giant with a long flowing white beard and four female eagles hovering above him and perching on his snow-covered slopes. According to German folklorist Maximilian Lambertz, Baba Tomor is the remnant of an Illyrian deity.
Tomor Mountain’s varied geology and topography have resulted in a unique diversity of flora and fauna. Forests of the Tomorri National Park are composed of diverse specie of deciduous and coniferous trees and a great variety of flowers. Numerous species of large mammals such as wolves, foxes, wild boars, roe deers, wild goats, rabbits, golden eagles, owles, and sparrowhawks can be found inside the national park. Small mammals include forest dormouse, and wood mouse
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
What's included :
- Lunch - We will have a picnic lunch on the top of the mountain.
- Entry/Admission - National Park Mount Tomori
What's excluded :
- If you are an outdoor lover and with a hiking experience the summit of the holy mountain of Tomorr is an epic adventure. National Park of Tomor has been recognised as an Important Plant Area of international importance by Plantlife. It is probably the best known mountain in Albania. It has religious significance and holds the place were Gods rest “Dodona”. Every august more than 500 000 of both Christians and Bektashis pilgrimage it to feel the energy and the spirituality of this heavenly mountain.
Things You Should Bring on the Hike
Backpack. Recommended waterproof backpack;
Appropriate footwear. Hiking boots;
Rain gear and extra clothing. Because the weatherman is not always right. Dressing in layers allows you to adjust to changing weather and activity levels. Two rules: avoid cotton (it keeps moisture close to your skin) and always carry a hat. Do not forget rain jacket for hiking;
Sun cream and sun glasses;
BONUS: Trash Bag. This 7th piece of gear is essential to making sure that the trails you love stay beautiful for generations to come. A zip lock bag is a great option as well for keeping the trash you pick up along the trail separate from the rest of your gear.
Departure Point :Berat, Albania
Traveler pickup is offered
We also can offer the transportation from Tirana airport upon request.
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.