Summer Tour: Dolphin Watching and Guided Snorkeling
Live a research day with the scientists of MareTerra NPO. All your curiosities about dolphins will be satisfied. Observe the researchers as they collect scientific data to study the bottlenose dolphin population of the Gulf of Alghero. Discover the stories of some of the most famous dolphins like Suzeo, Taz or Shark Junior.
During snorkelling, you will have a guide who will take you to discover underwater life. On board we will tell you some curiosities about what we have seen. You will never be alone!
Our excursions are inspired by the principles of ecotourism and sustainability:
- Latest generation boat engines to reduce fuel consumption and silenced to reduce the emission of noise underwater.
- HQWW certification (High Quality Whale Watching) for whale-watching operators complying with the Code of Good Conduct. This serves to reduce and minimize the disturbance of cetaceans.
- Environmental education on board.
- By joining Progetto Natura, you can support MareTerra NPO and its scientific research and conservation projects.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
What's excluded :
In the first part of the tour, for a couple of hours, we search dolphins. You can participate too by learning the techniques of marine mammal observers.
During the navigation, a briefing will be provided to let you know more about biology and behaviour of dolphins, along with their conservation status. We will also be able to let you listen to the dolphin sounds recorded by the scientists of MareTerra NGO on board. Thanks to their presence and studies our chance of spotting dolphins is higher than 80%. Once we sighted a group of dolphins, we get closer in accord with the International Code of Conduct we adopt to minimise the risk of any disturbance to dolphins and other wildlife. In this way, we can continue observing their natural behaviour. Thanks to the photo-identification technique, we can recognise dolphins by their dorsal fins and we are able to tell you their names, how old they are and their health status.
In the second part of the tour, you will admire one of the most beautiful coasts of Sardinia, within the boundaries of the Marine Protected Area Capo Caccia - Isola Piana. After all these emotions, relax yourself swimming in clear and transparent water and discover the magnificent underwater world and its inhabitants. Do not have much experience with snorkelling? Our guides will accompany you and will give you guidance in the water. In this way, you can enjoy your safe snorkelling experience.
• Area Marina Protetta - Capo Caccia / Isola Piana, Strada Provinciale 55, Km 8,600, 07041 Tramariglio, Alghero, Sardinia Italy
Departure Point :Via Giuseppe Garibaldi, 49, 07041 Alghero SS, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This tour is suitable for kids from 3 years old.
- Good sea conditions are required for this experience. In case of cancellation due to bad sea or weather conditions, you can choose another date if available or a full refund.
- No toilet on board.
- We are sorry, but it's not possible to host pets on board.
- In case of pathology that can put health at risk when in the water (example: asthma or angina pectoris), we ask the courtesy to be advised at the time of booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- To offer you an excursion in complete safety and to protect the health of participants and staff, you will receive the participation request form and the excursion regulation in the Covid-19 phase. This regulation is drawn up in compliance with ministerial and regional ordinances and guidelines.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.