Sumatra Half-Day Orangutan Trek from Bukit Lawang
Set off with your guide for your 4-hour small group adventure in Gunung Leuser National Park in North Sumatra to trek in the jungle around the old feeding platform area. Try to spot some semi wild orangutans and wild orangutans foraging in their natural habitat as well as other wildlife such as macaques, gibbons and thomas leaf monkeys. You may also be lucky to hear or see the elusive Sumatran peacock or monitor lizard. Stop to enjoy a delicious jungle fruit snack before continuing your trek for more animal spotting and returning to your guesthouse or agreed drop off point.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local guide (English speaking)
- Small-group walking tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Depart from your guest house in Bukit Lawang or from the agreed meeting point to start your trek into Gunung Leuser National Park, one of the largest national parks in the world containing over 800,000 hectares of rain forest in this UNESCO World Heritage site.
The journey takes you to the top of the mountain, where you can enjoy the fresh mountain air. Trek further up into the forest while you are enjoying the beautiful scenery and tropical plants, including the enormous rainforest trees, twisting lianas, palms and ferns. The trek leads you along the mountain ridge and around the old orangutan feeding ground area, where you will have the opportunity to search for and spot animals and orangutans in the wild Sumatran jungle. (The trek normally takes 4 hours in total depending on stops and fitness levels. The same distance is covered on each trek).
Your tour concludes in the village of Bukit Lawang where you will then be taken back to your guest house or the agreed drop off point.
Departure Point :Pick up form your Bukit Lawang Guest House or other central location as agreed with your guide
Return Detail :Return to your guest house or other agreed central location in Bukit Lawang at the end of your trek
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.