Sumapaz Páramo Hike Tour
Venture with us into this amazing hiking experience near Bogotá and explore one of the most unique environments in the region: the Andean moorlands. Put on your boots and venture into an important part of Andean ecosystems while learning about local traditions and customs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Gran Colombia Tours Guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local moorlands guide
- Entry to Sumapaz Natural Park
- All-risk insurance
What's excluded :
- Waterproof footwear
- Extra purchases
The Andean moorlands are unique to the region, and Sumapaz Páramo is by far the largest of its kind in the world. So why not join us in this hike tour and see this UNIQUE ecosystem for yourself? Trek the muddy trails and marvel at the amazing sights!
So, before starting the hike to Sumapaz properly, you’ll need an energy boost. You’ll be invited to share a local snack at our special moorlands guide’s home. Then, come to the local market and pick from the local produce market what you’ll like to have for lunch. It will be cooked by our guide’s family while we venture into the moorlands.
Once all set, adventure will begin. You will start walking up through the slopes of this 178 thousand hectares’ paramo. Learn the environmental importance of this rare ecosystem and its amazing flora will.
After walking for some hours and mesmerizing at the water wells and the misty landscape, you will be able to rest your weary feet and enjoy a homecooked meal in the moorland. And when fully rested, we’ll head back to Bogotá and to your hotel.
• Paramo de Sumapaz, Bogota Colombia
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up our clients anywhere within Bogotá city - hotels, hostels, Air BnB, vacation rentals, points of interest, and also at El Dorado International airport.Airports
- Eldorado Airport, Bogota Colombia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A good amount of walking and hiking is involved
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- If you have a layover in Bogotá please select the airport as a pick-up point for the layover tour.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- At Gran Colombia Tours we ensure your well-being and safety. Our team of tour guides, drivers, and collaborators are prepared to assist you by complying with all biosecurity protocols. We protect ourselves from COVID-19 with all the measures to welcome you back.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.