Sugar Loaf Hiking - Visit Rio de Janeiro’s Best Attraction Hiking and Climbing
Experience Rio de Janeiro’s best known attractions in unique fashion; Participate in an hike through woods whilst you hear a lot about the local history and enjoy an easy level rock climb to reach the summit of Sugar Loaf Mountain.
Visitors are greeted by an amazing 360 degree view of Rio de Janeiro from the top of Sugar Loaf and can take full advantage of a free cable car ride for the first section of the decent.
This is fore sure the most classic hike in Ri. If you’re looking for more than an easy walking trail and don’t want to ride the cable cars to the summit as an tourist this is the hiking tour for you.
Our professionals and friendlies guides will help you throughout the way with all necessary equipments. Hiking Sugar Loaf mountain will for sure be the highlight of your trip.
per adult from
What's included :
- Climbing Equipment
- Accredited climbing guide
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Food and drinks are not included
Meeting point in Urca – 30 minute walk around Urca – Instructions on use safety equipment – 3h trail with a small section of rock climbing – Rest at the summit of Sugar Loaf – Cable car down to Morro da Urca [Urca Hill] – Walk from Morro da Urca to the starting point.
• Sugarloaf Mountain, Av. Pasteur, 520 - Urca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22290-255 Brazil
• Morro da Urca, Praia Vermelha, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22290-270 Brazil
• Urca Beach, Praca Gen. Tiburcio - Urca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22290-270 Brazil
Departure Point :Santander, Praça Gen. Tibúrcio, s/n - Urca, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22290-270, Brazil
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.