People and places: A day of activities filled with discovery, local interactions and emotions.
We will zoom-in into the several subcultures of Armenia starting from civic activism to political imprisonment and fine crafts. The next level is discovering the fashion and style of Armenians as determined by the traders’ philosophy in the clothing bazaar. Attending a live interactive theater with locals in public transport to observe the codes of communication.
Armenia is unique for having a small number of minorities, but it is considered one of the few homes for Yazidis. They open up to us and share their traditions sincerely.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Coffee and refreshment served too
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Sasuntsi David
- Entry/Admission - Ziarat Yazidi Temple
What's excluded :
- All the rest what is not mentioned in the Inclusion list
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sasuntsi David, Sevan Street, Yerevan, Armenia
We will have to make a commute with public transport where we can interact with locals or become a part of their interactions.
Tigran Arakelyan is our host, a famous civic activist against the previous regime since 2008. His struggle resulted in a false charge leading to a sentence of 6 years of imprisonment. As there was no proof, he was released after spending only 2,5 years in prison as a political prisoner. We will visit his home, meet his family and share lunch with them.
Tigran is a famous craftsman now and his works were presented to a wide range of people from the Pope to Putin.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Ghazar Parpetsi Street, Ghazar Parpetsi St, Yerevan, Armenia
Once we are full we are going to talk clothing. We will try to discover why Armenians dress the way they do and not some other way. Two talented fashion designers will tell their stories and present their ideas about colors and shapes.
Stop At: Malatia-Sebastia, Yerevan, Armenia
However, we need to see what reality looks like. We will visit a famous clothing bazaar where the true look of the locals comes from.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Ziarat Yazidi Temple, Aknalich village, Armavir Armenia
The Yazidi community is opening their arms to us. They are one of the few minorities inhabiting Armenia. They will host us and tell us about their traditions, relationships and dreams.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Republic Square, Aram Street, Yerevan, Armenia
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.