Street Food Tour in Istanbul
Discover Turkish food through Istanbul's old city around the Spice Market and Suleymaniye
Join a small group walking tour led by an expert local guide.
Experience the back streets of Istanbul's old city while tasting the street food.
Walk the open markets brimming with fresh produce
Eat where the locals eat and learn about the unique Turkish food culture.
Visit food joints in this neighborhood where only a few tourists frequent
per adult from
What's included :
- All food samplings
- Expert guide
- Small group walking tour
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Eminonu Square Eminonu Square, Istanbul, Istanbul Turkey
Meet your expert and join your small group to start your culinary walking tour. Discover the highlights of Istanbul's culinary scene on this tour, which will take you to the places other tourists don't go.
Stop At: Misir Carsisi (Spice Market), Rustem Pasa Mahallesi, Erzak Ambari Sok. No:92 Eminonu - Fatih, Istanbul 34116 Turkey
Walk through the Spice Market as an introduction to the culinary tradition of Turkey. The Spice Market has an extraordinary array of spices, dried nuts, herbal teas, sweets, and Turkish delights.
Watch the locals in their heyday as they do their shopping and enjoy every day life.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tahtakale District, Istanbul Turkey
Walk through the maze of backstreets, small shops, and local crafters to understand the daily life of the locals.
Plenty of food will be sampled along the way: baklava, kebabs, desserts, Turkish delight, simit, Turkish tea, mezes, olives, delicatessen stops, pastrami, clotted cream, cheese, and more!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Suleymaniye Mosque, Prof. SIddIk Sami Onar Cd. No:1 Süleymaniye Mah, Istanbul 34116 Turkey
Walk up the hill to Suleymaniye to discover another neighborhood of wooden houses and a very traditional lifestyle. Taste new delicacies as you go. Have tea in a secluded mosque garden.
It is a delight walking around observing as you eat your way through a very special food culture.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Hamdi Restaurant Eminönü, Rüstem Paşa Mah Tahmis Caddesi, Rüstem Paşa, Kalçin Sk. No:11, 34116 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- - All required protective equipment is provided - To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.