Stories from South Parade
Bengaluru is filled with thousands of stories. The parks, churches, libraries, even some of the pubs in the city are brimming with tales. Did you know that the MG Road area was earlier called as South Parade as it lies to the South of Parade Grounds? It was only renamed as Mahatma Gandhi Road after India’s independence from the British.
Turn back time to revisit some fascinating tales from the era of South Parade, this time through the lens of Augmented Reality!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Guide
- All taxes
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup/drop-off
- Personal Expenses
- The history of Bengaluru is nothing short of enchanting. MG Road was the primary centre of entertainment for the army officials during the city’s colonial past and remains its fun and frolicking self today. But that doesn’t mean it hasn’t changed over the years. While some iconic buildings, such as ‘Higginbothams’ and ‘Mayo Hall’ stand proud and timeless, others have given in to the winds of change.
During our walk, you can hope to unveil interesting stories behind the most famous landmarks of MG Road and visit the Bangalore of yesteryears. All this made more real through exclusive pictures and audio tours. Our walk starts at “WeWork Galaxy”, Residency Road, the largest coworking space in the city. Interestingly, prior to being a coworking space, this was the where the good ol’ ‘Galaxy Theatre’ was. As the walk progresses, you can look forward to discovering many more interesting facts and stories about structures and places that add to the facade of MG Road and how they contributed in shaping the city over the years.
Departure Point :• Departure location: We Work Galaxy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :• Return location: Vidhan Soudha
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable footwear
- Carry waterbottles and umbrellas incase of any weather changes.
- Stroller accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.