Stirling Classic Gin Tour
Some couples celebrate their 26th wedding anniversary with a romantic meal June and Cameron McCann decided to go for something different and on October 28th 2015 they distilled their very first bottle of Stirling Gin.
Originally distilled in a 2.4 litre copper still, called Jinty, their spirit proved so popular that a bigger still was soon needed. Stirling Gin has grown into a nationally-recognised spirit.
The Old Smiddy
Now, more than 4 years, Cameron and June have found a permanent home for their creation. In 2019 they opened the city’s first legal distillery. Located in the shadow of Stirling Castle, the structure was first built in 1888. Legend tells us it was the site where King James V stabled his horses in the 1500s and when it was first built it acted as a local church temperance hall. It only seemed fair that it be the location for Stirling Distillery.
With a visitor’s centre & shop Stirling Distillery has plenty to offer. Gin tours and tastings.
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Stirling Distillery
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stirling Distillery, 9 Lower Castlehill, Stirling FK8 1EN Scotland
Stirling Classic Tour
You will be welcomed to our distillery with a bespoke cocktail, lovingly crafted and beautifully served. Our tour guide will take you through the history of our brand and how we came to own Stirling’s first legal distillery, followed by some of Stirling City’s most fascinating stories. From there you will be shown our still room and bottling and packaging space while getting an in-depth insight into how gin is created and distilled. After this you will be directed to our unique tasting tables where you will be shown how to make the perfect G&T. £10.00 per person
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :1: The Castle, Stirling FK8 1EH, UK
2: Stirling FK8 2BY, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.