Steam Locomotive, Diesel Engine, Shinkansen & The Railway Museum from Tokyo
Get on a steam locomotive, a diesel engine and Shinkansen (a bullet train) in the countryside, and visit The Railway Museum on this tour. Train riding is not only the way of transportation, but also unique experience to know the variety and the history of Japanese railroads.
Boarding a steam locomotive and a diesel engine in rural area is very special like 'Thomas & Friends'.
The last stop for this tour is The Railway Museum opened in 2007. You can see more details of railroad history, design and how to operate.
This tour is recommended especially for boys and girls who are interested in railways, and their family.
Meeting point is Akihabara Station (JR Yamanote Line, Tokyo), the tour is ended in Omiya Station (JR Saikyo Line, Saitama).
per adult from
10 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Traditinal Diesel Train riding on Kanto-tetsudo Joso Line
- Steam Train riding on Mooka Line
- Shinkansen (bullet train) riding
- Entrance fee for The Railway Museum in Omiya
- Entry/Admission - 守谷駅
- Entry/Admission - SL Kyuurokukan
- Entry/Admission - 小山駅
- Entry/Admission - The Railway Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 守谷駅, 2 Chome Central, Moriya, Ibaraki 302-0115, Japan
Traditional Diesel Engine running in rural area
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: SL Kyuurokukan, 2474-6 Daimachi, Moka, Tochigi 321-4306, Japan
Steam Engine Riding, SL Mooka
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: 小山駅, Japan, 〒323-0022 Tochigi, Oyama, Shiroyamachō, 3-chōme−1, Unnamed Road
Bullet train riding, Tohoku Shinkansen
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: The Railway Museum, 3-47 Onaricho, Omiya-Ku, Saitama 330-0852 Saitama Prefecture
Museum of Japan Railway
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Akihabara Station, 1 Chome Sotokanda, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 101-0028, Japan
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Ōmiya Station, Nishikicho, Omiya Ward, Saitama, 330-0853, Japan
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.