Stand Up Paddling SUP on Lake Arenal
Venture to Costa Rica's largest lake as you explore the beautiful Lake Arenal! Try our New and cool craze of stand up paddling or "SUP" crossing Lake Arenal. You'll feel like you're walking on water as you skirt the beautiful bays of Lake Arenal!
As we embark on our journey, you’ll be blown away by all of the natural beauty of Volcano Arenal.
It’s a great activity for people who just want to be on a freshwater lake, soaking up the sun in gorgeous scenery with plenty of opportunity for conversation. About halfway through the tour, make a short stop on an amazing viewpoint and visit an incredible island while crossing Lake Arenal.
After 2.5 hours of paddling, finish your day at our NEW Pedal & Paddle Adventure Store located in the small town of El Foforo on the other side of the lake. Change into your dry clothes and get ready to fuel up with a refreshing and well-deserved snack, before heading back to your hotel. Qué Rico!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Use of stand-up paddle equipment
- Beverages and a snack
What's excluded :
One of the best ways to enjoy the Arenal Volcano is to get out on the picturesque Lake Arenal right at the base of the volcano. Lake Arenal is completely surrounded by deep rainforest so paddling on a Stand Up Paddle Board is a great way to enjoy the scenery. If you've never been on a SUP board, Lake Arenal is a perfect place to learn. The lake is generally calm and you'll be standing up in no time. Young and old love this activity. We have our own operations center right on the lake so you'll be taken very good care of. Your guide will show you are favorite places to get a snap shot of the elusive Arenal Volcano.
• Lake Arenal, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos Costa Rica
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We have an extra transport charge for hotels outside of our normal pick-up zone. We are a company that prides itself on its punctuality, but if it seems we're running late, don't be afraid to give is a call. We look forward to having you here!
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- You must have strong swimming skills
- It is recommended that you wear a bathing suit and bring a towel, sunscreen and a change of clothes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Ask about our "Pure Private - Pura Vida" upgrades to make your tour completely PRIVATE. We also have locally-handmade, 3-ply fabric masks and plastic masks for sale. Let us know if there is anything we can assist with for making your travels as safe & comfortable as possible.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.