Stand-up Paddleboard SUP Safari on The River Avon For Beginners
We really are very lucky here; the River Avon is a slow, winding, dreamy escape of a river that meanders away from roads, towns and the noise of civilisation into a quiet wilderness full of creatures large and small. I quite regularly see deers swimming in the river during the Summer and Red Kites are starting to shadow us as we paddle along too! This is way more than just your average 'learn to SUP' session, this is a complete experience giving you the skills to escape into nature safely on a paddleboard so you can explore these natural spaces from the unique perspective of walking on water!
"James made this the most chilled out and gorgeous experience. Tranquillity, clear and calm instruction, we did a great paddle from Eckington bridge and it included everything you could want from this trip; peace, giggles, wildlife, learning a new skill, stunning views and more." Hannah (Facebook review)
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Our 2.5 hr experience includes everything you need to get on the water and learn to SUP
What's excluded :
Learn to stand-up paddleboard (SUP) and enjoy a mini SUP safari on the beautiful River Avon with Wittering SUP; an ASI accredited SUP school and a British Canoeing Delivery Partner.
Perfect for absolute beginners, you'll learn how to stand up paddleboard followed by a peaceful tour of the beautiful river Avon to enjoy the tranquillity and local wildlife (kingfishers, deer, herons, wagtails, skylarks, swallows, Canada Geese, swans, buzzards, Red Kites, otters and even rare curlews at moment!).
With an ASI qualified SUP instructor (and all gear provided), you will learn everything you need to start your paddleboarding adventure; how to kneel and ultimately stand on a board, correct paddle-stroke and turning techniques as well as safety and equipment knowledge before we head off on our adventure!
Ideal for couples, families or friend groups from age 12+ so long as you can swim at least 50m.
This a very accessible water sport and you don't need any experience to join in. Each session is currently limited to 5 spaces to meet social distancing guidelines :)
• Eckington, Eckington, Pershore, Worcestershire, England
• River Avon, England
Departure Point :Arden Sailing Club, Defford, Worcester WR8 9BS, UK
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- All sessions will be socially distanced, hygienic and will adhere to government guidelines and advice from British Canoeing, the ASI and the Avon Navigation Trust as these evolve over time as well as meeting our own internal COVID19 risk assessment standards. We are COVID19 Secure Audited by the ASI
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.