Stabanska Lakes Hiking Tour
The magnificent canyons of the rivers Piva, Tara, Komarnica, Vrbnica, the mountain of Bioč, Maglić, Volujak, V. Treskavac, Piva, Golija, Lebršnik and fascinating mountain lakes: Trnovačko, Stabanska and huge Piva lake, preserved villages make the Piva irresistible and for good reason in 2015, this region was declared the first Nature Park in Montenegro.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Travel insurance
- Tourist guide (English language)
- Hiking sticks
- Entry/Admission - Pluzine bb
What's excluded :
- Food and drink during the tour
- Visits to restaurants and bars
- Other non-program costs
- Travel health insurance – optional
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pluzine bb, Pluzine, Montenegro
Trip facts: track length: 13 km, max altitude: 1720 m, weight: easy, availability: May - October each year
We start the hiking tour in the village of Stabna, 15 km away from Plužine, and these lakes were named after them. The trail leads us through an unspoilt nature in the length of 4.5 km and arrive first to the Small Lake, which lies at an altitude of 1194 m above sea level. After the photo pause we continue to the Great Lake, from which we have been removed for 30 minutes. Large Stabansko lake is located at the foothill of the southern slopes of the mountain Volujak, and is a true jewel of nature, as well as the Little Lake. The large Stabansko Lake is 1,325 m above sea level, and it is the emerald green color. The Stabanska lakes are surrounded by mountain peaks of Bioč whose slopes are covered with dense green deciduous and pine forests.
After a break at the Great Lake, we continue hiking to the picturesque Kručica. We come to the source of cold mountain water - Zemunica. Immediately behind the source it is Greek cemetery. Walk over Kručica is easy, surrounding mountain peaks, old cottages, horses, view, is everything that will make you fall in love with this region. Then we descend to the village.
The hiking tour ends with a photo break at the waterfall of the river Vrbnica. Vrbnica is the largest tributary of the river Piva. It is about 12 km long, flowing partly through deep forest canyons, and partly through an extended fertile valley where there are the oldest and most climate-friendly Piva villages. In Vrbnica, there were up to 70 mills in history. Today, to the waterfall itself, there are the remains of one of them.
Need to bring: comfortable shoes, sneakers or climbing shoes. Water, food and good mood for enjoyment!
Note: The tour lasts 5 hours + time for transfer depending on the city of your accommodation.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels and other accommodations in Podgorica, Ulcinj, Bar, Budva, Kotor and Tivat.We pick from ports: Kotor and Bar.Pick up from other cities in Montenegro on request for extra fee.Ports
- Port of Kotor, 420 Stari Grad, Kotor 85330, Montenegro
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Availability: May - October each year (depending on weather conditions)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Masks are required indoors as well as while driving in a vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.