St Petersburg: Half–Day Cathedrals Walking Tour
Discover the secrets of St. Petersburg with this half-day walking tour. Your private guide will direct the tour of three of the city’s most beautiful cathedrals.
Start with a visit to 19th-century St Isaac's, easily recognizable by its massive main dome. Marvel at the interior's mosaic icons and walk outside its colonnade for panoramic city views before continuing to The Cathedral of Our Lady of Kazan, a Russian Orthodox church that resembles Rome's St Peter's Basilica.
Your last stop is the onion-domed Church on Spilled Blood―home to a lavish shrine commemorating the spot of Alexander II's assassination.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional licensed guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - The State Museum St. Isaac’s Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Kazan Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The State Museum St. Isaac’s Cathedral, St Isaac_s Square, 4 Nevskiy Prospekt metro station, St. Petersburg 190000 Russia
St. Isaac’s Cathedral was commissioned by Tsar Alexander I in 1918. It was built in celebration of Alexander’s victory over Napoléon. The grand facades of St. Isaac’s are richly decorated with beautiful sculptures. Inside, the cathedral features painstakingly detailed mosaics and vibrant columns of striking green malachite and blue lapis lazuli. St. Isaac’s is the third-largest domed cathedral in the world.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kazan Cathedral, Kazanskaya ploshchad, 2, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191186
The tour continues onwards to the equally magnificent Cathedral of Our Lady of Kazan. Constructed between 1801 and 1811, this cathedral is simply enormous. The exterior stone colonnade was inspired by that of the iconic Roman Basilica; it surrounds a landscaped garden and central fountain. The cathedral’s interior is adorned with columns, sculptures and religious icons.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Griboyedova Kanala Emb., 2B/A, St. Petersburg 191186 Russia
The final cathedral of the tour is by no means the least. A symbol of nationalism, the Church of Our Saviour on Spilled Blood was built on the spot where Alexander II was killed. Outstanding mosaics and brilliantly ornate domes decorate the facade of this majestic church. Inside, the exceptionally beautiful marble flooring, elaborate mosaics and gilded columns are the finishing touches on a day of architectural brilliance.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Palace Square, 6, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191186
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :neberezhnaya kanala Griboyedova, 2А, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191186
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note: this tour is not suitable for cruise passengers, as does not include port pickup or the required blanket visas for travel
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.