St. Petersburg: Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood Private Tour
The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood takes its place on the embankment of the Griboedov canal. There your guide will tell you about the details of the mosaic collection, of the specialties and plots of the images, and of the history of this wonderful place.
Whatever is your reason to visit the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, either to see the unique mosaics or to get to know how and why Alexander II was killed, it is certainly a must-see place.
The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood is one of the symbols of Saint-Petersburg as well as Saint Basil in Moscow. By the way, they are quite often confused.
All in all, the Church of the Savior was built after St. Basil in 1881 in a memory of the dreadful death of Emperor Alexander II. This is one of the unique particularities of the Cathedral, in addition to the 7500 square metters of mosaics that fully cover the interior of the Cathedral.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance fee to the church
- One hour tour of the church
- Entry/Admission - Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Griboyedova Kanala Emb., 2B/A, St. Petersburg 191186 Russia
The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood is one of the main sights of Saint Petersburg. Its interior is unique and is made of 7500 meters squared of mosaics. This church was built on the site where Emperor Alexander II was fatally wounded by political nihilists in March 1881. The church was built between 1883 and 1907. The construction was funded by the imperial family.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :neberezhnaya kanala Griboyedova, 2, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191186
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.