St John Island Sightseeing Tour from St Thomas
Depart St. Thomas for a visit to the smallest of the US Virgin Islands, St. John, and take in the history of the island as well as its majestic natural beauty on this half-day tour. See an old Danish sugar plantation, a national park, and various lookouts along the way.
Start by boarding a ferry that takes you across the short 4 miles (6.4 km) of water between St. Thomas and St. John, where your tour bus awaits you. With your local guide, stop first at the Virgin Islands National Park to take in beautiful mountain vistas, impossibly blue water, and verdant coastal greenery. Enjoy the panoramic displays of white-sand beaches meeting mountain forests at your next 2 stops, Caneel Bay and Trunk Bay.
At Annaberg, see the remnants of a 1780s sugar mill plantation. Wonder at the ruins of the factory, windmill, and slave quarters as you learn about the island's Danish settlers. Finish with a drive back to the ferry terminal for your cruise back to St. Thomas.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Pick-up at both cruise ports and most hotels/resorts in St. Thomas
- Entry/Admission - Annaberg Sugar Plantation
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Round trip ferry tickets to St. John
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Caneel Bay Beach, Route 20 North Shore Road, Caneel Bay 00831 St. John
This is just an overlooking stop.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Trunk Bay Beach, N Shore Rd, Virgin Islands National Park 00830 St. John
This is an overlooking stop.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Annaberg Sugar Plantation, Leinster Bay Rd, Virgin Islands National Park 00830 St. John
The Annaberg Plantation is a partially restored sugarcane factory.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Saint Thomas, St Thomas, 00802, USVI
2: West Indies Dock Road, W Indies Dock Rd, Havensight, St Thomas 00802, USVI
3: 161 Subbase Rd, 161 Rte 304, Charlotte Amalie West, St Thomas 00802, USVI
Traveler pickup is offered
Selected Hotels/Resorts - Pick up will be at the front lobby.Crown bay dock - Pick up will be at the Windmill.West Indian Co. dock - Pick up will be at "Gate no. 3".Ports
- Crown Bay Dock
- West Indian Dock
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wear mask at all times during the tour.
- Tour duration/time begins at the time of pick up.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please provide the following info at time of booking: hotel name or ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Follow the island time as US Virgin Island doesn't follow Daylight Saving Time.
- Possible cancellation after confirmation, if there are not enough passengers to meet tour guests requirement. In the event of this occurring, an alternative or a full refund will be offered.
- Tour start time is approximate and can be adjusted for traffic conditions and pick-up schedule
- Please confirm cruise ship dock upon booking for those coming from a cruise.
- Late Schedule is for LATE CRUISE SHIPS ONLY. Those staying in a hotel will be put in a regular schedule or late schedule depending on availability.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour operates with a minimum of four guest cancellation notice will be given 24 hours in advance
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.