St Andrews & the Fishing Villages of Fife Small-Group Day Tour from Edinburgh
Contrast elegant architecture with sweeping coastal views. Compare the ruins of a wind-swept castle with the curves of an ancient golf course. And visit Scottish villages and towns that offer far more than their small size should allow.
An ancient university, breathtaking medieval ruins, and quaint coastal villages: explore all this and more on our adventure through Fife.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional driver/guide
- Transport by top of the range Mercedes mini-coach
- Small Group (max 16 people) for a more personal experience
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Admission fees
- Entry/Admission - St Andrews Links
- Entry/Admission - Falkland Palace & Garden
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Forth Bridge, North Queensferry KY11 1HP Scotland
You travel over the Queensferry Crossing, and get a great view of one of Scotland's greatest man-made landmarks, the Forth Rail Bridge.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Anstruther Harbour, Shore Street, Anstruther Scotland
Stop in the traditional fishing village of Anstruther (known as 'Ainster' locally), where you can check out the old cobbled streets and take a walk along the seafront to the harbour.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St Andrews Links, St Andrews KY16 9SF, UK
Free time in St. Andrews to visit the sites that interest you most.
St. Andrews Cathedral - This ruined cathedral was once one of Scotland’s most magnificent buildings.
St Andrews Old Town - Immerse yourself in 1,000 years of history as you explore the winding streets and ancient castle.
The Old Course - Golf was so popular in Scotland, it was banned in the 15th century. And nowhere was it more popular than in St Andrews, ‘the Home of Golf’.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Falkland Palace & Garden, 11 miles north of Kirkcaldy, Falkland KY15 7BY Scotland
After St Andrews, we take a pleasant drive through the rolling countryside of central Fife to Falkland. Falkland Palace dominates this old village, and was one of the main residences of the old Royal family of Scotland, the Stewarts (Stuarts). Aside from the palace the village is simply one of the most beautiful in Scotland with an array of old cottages and narrow winding streets.
Passengers here have free time to wander around the village of Falkland or visit the palace. ** Please note the palace is closed over winter season (Nov - Feb)
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Rabbie's Cafe Bar, 6 Waterloo Pl, Edinburgh EH1 3EG, UK
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Min. age 5 years old. We do not accept children under the age of 5 years.
- Please note that tours stops and timings are flexible and for reference purposes only.
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Check in closes 15 minutes prior to departure
- In order to retain the integrity of the tour and try to ensure that all our customers have the best possible experience, we do cap bookings from any one party to 8 passengers.
- For your optional St. Andrews Castle and St. Andrews Cathedral tickets, please book in advance, using the link printed on your voucher.
- Most travelers can participate
- Falkland Palace - due to Covid19 restrictions, Falkland Palace is currently closed, but you will be able to take photos and explore the town.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- • Face coverings are mandatory and must always be worn. • Infrared thermometer temperature check during check-in for tour. Passengers with temperature readings above 38 degrees will not be able to travel for health and safety reasons. • Simple Covid-19 health questionnaire upon arrival.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.