Spring fever in the wilderness
Spring fever is here! Leave the city for a day and join us on this authentic nature excursion.
During this guided tour you will be able to breath and feel fresh spring air settling in after a long winter and see the forest awaken as new plants bloom and wildlife returns to its spring habitat.
This spring walk offers many interesting topics to experience and learn about from the migrations of birds, open-fire cooking, natural medicines and foods which are readily available from the forest such as spruce tips.
This trip starts from Helsinki and we will take you to Liesjärvi national park. It is one of Finland's oldest national park with a breathtaking landscape left carved by glaciers and shrouded by old growth forest which still thrives today.
• Experience some of the purest air in the world
• Forest returning to life and blossoming spring flowers
• Wildlife waking up and migrations of birds returning to Finland
• Finnish-style lunch and coffee by the campfire
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Finnish-style lunch with dessert
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Raincoat in case of rain
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - As we are sustainable company we don't offer plastic bottles, please bring your own water bottle with you.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma, Mannerheiminaukio 2, Helsinki 00100 Finland
This is the meeting point for this trip. It will be at the bus-stop in front of Kiasma (Museum of
Contemporary Art). The stop is about 65 steps from the museum entrance and approximately
500 meters from Helsinki Central Railway station.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Liesjarven Kansallispuisto, Korteniementie, Liesjarvi 31380 Finland
Once we have arrived at Liesjärvi National Park, the group will begin their walk through one of the parks main attractions; an ancient ridge or “esker” created during the last ice age which now grows wild with tall pines and birch trees. On each side of the ridge lays two fresh water lakes. Your guide will be able to provide details about the forest and wildlife specific to Finland. The small group size offers an intimate experience in nature and allows your guide to attend to individual questions and needs.
After one hour of walking, we will arrive at a beautiful lakeside campfire. While your guide starts the fire and begins to prepare a traditional Finnish-style dinner and campfire coffee, there will be plenty of time to take photos, explore, converse, and enjoy the tranquility of Finland’s Taiga forest.
After lunch we will continue to explore the beauty of Liesjärvi looking for the many different wonders nature has to offer. Walking for about one hour, the group will make their way back to the starting point, feeling refreshed and rejuvenated from this wonderful experience in the woods.
On this day trip we spend approximately 4.5 hours within the national park. With transportation the total length of this nature tour is 7 hours.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Mannerheiminaukio 1, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.