Sport Fishing in Negombo
(SKU: LK59050100) This tour gives you the opportunity to enjoy sport fishing at the biggest fishing base of Sri Lanka , Negombo. Cast your rods into deep blue waters of Sri Lanka, rich with the various varieties of fish. Get that immeasurable thrill of wrestling with the strongest of the sea, and winning. Show off your biggest catch with a great photo.
per adult from
What's included :
- Boat Charter Fee and Hire of complete Sport Fishing Equipment.
- All Taxes.
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop.
- Food or drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
You will be starting your sport fishing adventure from the Negombo piers. If you select the morning session you will begin at 0600 hrs, and an evening session will be at 1430 hrs. Your boat will be a 15 foot standard local fisherman's boat. It satisfies all the basic requirements, but doesn't have any advanced features. If you wish for such, you can opt for a professional fishing boat for a separate charge. You will also be provided with good sport fishing equipment and bait.
The fishing have of Negombo allows three modes; to fish in the deep sea, the lagoon or inland. Of these deep sea one is the most popular for of sport, due to its challenges and better yield. There are two methods used of fish deep sea; trolling and anchor fishing. Trolling is where one or more fishing lines or nets with bait or lures, is trailed behind a moving boat or manually moved from side to side. This method is very successful, especially in the morning hours. The other method is anchor fishing, which involves the boat being anchored to a stationary object such as a coral reef or rocky area and the lines being cast.
Your tour will be be completed at 0900 hrs in morning or 1800 hrs in evening.
• Negombo, Negombo, Western Province
Departure Point :Negombo, Sri Lanka
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.