Spiritual Sunday Walk
Istanbul contains a rich mosaic of culture and multi-religious communities. On this 4-hour walking tour with a local guide, learn about the past and future residents of Istanbul through the lens of religion and ritual. Visit the Armenian Gregorian Church, an Islamic Mevlevi Sufi house, a Sephardic synagogue, Ottoman mosques, and a variety of temples.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your local guide on Sunday at 10am in front of Galatasaray High School for a 4-hour walking tour of Istanbul’s spiritual sites. Follow the footsteps of different communities’ religious rituals in the Pera neighborhood, where Muslims, Jews, and Christians practiced for centuries.
Discover the multiethnic and religious culture of Istanbul throughout history as you wander the winding streets of Pera, stopping at the Armenian Gregorian Church, a Islamic Sufi house, a Sephardic synagogue, and other sites of religious importance. Following your guide, learn about different religions, beliefs and local religious ceremonies.
The walk concludes downhill in the Karakoy neighborhood. If you are interested, there is the option to view the weekly Whirling Dervish ceremony at the Galata Mevlevihanesi (Sufi house) at 5pm.
Departure Point :Galatasaray High School Iron Gate, Istiklal Avenue
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.