Spiritual Experience from Anuradhapura
(SKU: LK60130200) Anuradhapura is one of the largest and most ancient cities of Sri Lanka. The location of the capital of the first major kingdom of the island. It was a very religious city. Its temples and dagobas stand to this day, a crumbling testament to religious fervor. This one-day tour gives you the chance to walk amongst the haunting landscape of Anuradhapura filled with the aura of spirituality.
per adult from
What's included :
- Service of an English speaking local expert/guide.
- 1-Liter water bottle per person.
- All taxes & service charges.
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to visiting sites.
- Food and drinks.
- Expenses of a personal nature.
- Entry/Admission - Jaya Sri Maha Bodhi
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jaya Sri Maha Bodhi, Anuradhapura Sri Lanka
Your tour will start at 10:00 am from the entrance gate to the Jaya Sri Maha Bodhi Tree. This ancient Bo tree is an important cultural and religious symbol of the nation.
It is believed to be the same tree that was brought by the monks who introduced Buddhism to Sri Lanka over 2000 years ago. Your guide will take you to see it and tell you its history.
You will then be going to see many important ancient stupas, such as Ruwanweli Maha Seya. It later fell into ruin and was renovated by a monk in the 19th century. Around 1:00 pm you will be taking a break for lunch. After having a relaxed meal at an eatery of your choice at your own cost, you will restart your tour at 2:30 pm.
Your tour guide will then take you to the outskirts of Anuradhapura city where many hidden caves and small ruins are located.
At approximately 6:00 pm, your tour will be completed, and your guide will drop you off at your starting point near the Sri Maha Bodhi in Anuradhapura.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Sri Maha Bodhi Mawatha, Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.