Spinalonga - Agios Nikolaos From Heraklion
Originally, Spinalonga was not an island – it was part of the island of Crete. During Venetian occupation the island was carved out of the coast for defence purposes and a fort was built there. During Venetian rule, salt was harvested from salt pans around the island.The island has also been used as a leper colony. Spinalonga has appeared in novels, television series, and a short film. This excursion is a perfect option for those who want to combine land & sea tours. You will also have the opportunity to visit the eastern part of Crete, Agios Nikolaos, a small town with a picturesque harbour and the island of Spinalonga.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pick up
- Drop Off
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
- Boat Ticket
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaeological Museum of Agios Nikolaos, 74 Konstantinou Palaiologou, Agios Nikolaos, Crete 72100 Greece
We visit the eastern part of the island. Passing through Heraklio, we reach Agios Nikolaos, a small town with a picturesque harbour. The hilly town is built around a former sweet water lake.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Spinalonga (Kalydon), Elounda Bay, Elounda, Crete 720 53 Greece
By boat we visit the island of Spinalonga. This island was used as a Leper Colony until 1957. In the small village under the Venetian fortress the stigmatised lepers shared fates when exiled to the island. We make a stop to take a swim in the clean waters of Kolokitha beach in the area of the remains of the ancient sunken city of Olous.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick up
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.