Spice Tour Zanzibar
The Spice Tour is one of the most popular excursions in Zanzibar, the Spice Island. Zanzibar was one of the world’s leading producers of spices such as clove, nutmeg and cinnamon. Spice tour takes you to on organic farm with wide variety of plants around the year.
This tour is a walking tour in a spice farm (shamba). While there, you shall see how the spices, herbs and fruits grow and are cultivated. Your tour guide will describe how the crops can be used.
You will be smelling and tasting spices, herbs and tropical fruits such as clove, lemongrass, nutmeg, cinnamon, turmeric, vanilla, coconuts, papaya, chili, black pepper, jackfruit, cardamom, cassava and oranges. After the tour you will enjoy a traditional swahili lunch at the farm. Here is when you can really taste the different ways of using spices.
The tour finishes with a stop at a spice stall selling fresh packaged spices (cash only). The tour price already includes tips for farm workers, so you don’t need to worry about it.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Restroom on board
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kidichi Spice Farms, Zanzibar, Tanzania
You will stop by the spice farms and start a walking tour around the farms with your professional guide
Duration: 3 minutes
Departure Point :Mkunazini Street, Mkunazini St, Zanzibar, Tanzania
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from any hotel in Zanzibar Stone TownAirports
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport, Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Zanzibar Ferry Port
Departure Time :9/4/2019 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Saturday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.