Spice Garden Visit and Cookery Demonstration from Pinnawala
(SKU: LK78190100) This tour takes you to one of the famous spice gardens of Sri Lanka. Get to see how spices are grown. Learn more about the uses of spices. Watch a cooking demonstration that shows the practical application of these spices.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided tour of the spice garden.
- Cookery demonstration.
- Traditional lunch.
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Food and beverages where not specified.
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Gratuities (optional).
- You will learn about all the spices cultivated in Sri Lanka and their history. You will get to see the gardens where the spices are grown and get to know the best conditions for their growth. You will also learn more about harvesting the spices and identifying the best of quality. As the next step, you will get to see how the spices are processed until they ready for the kitchen or the other uses (medicine and etc) that they are put to.
The next part of your tour will consist of a cooking demonstration involving the spices you learned about. You will get to see the practical application in the kitchen and how their effects are maximized in Sri Lankan cooking. You will also be able to try your hand at making the various curries that are demonstrated.
After the demonstration lunch will be served. It may include some of the food you helped make; making it a delightful experience to savor it and discover the brand new flavors that the spices bring out. Once lunch is over, you can visit the gift and item shop to purchase some souvenirs. You will be able to get fresh spices to take home here.
• Pinnawala, Pinnawala, Sabaragamuwa Province
• Dhal curry
• Chicken Curry
Departure Point :Pinnawala Bus Stop, Karandupona-Rambukkna Road, Rambukkana, Sri Lanka
Departure Time :7/22/2020 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.